How long ???

John Buchtenkirch

Reaction score
How long is a CS coupe with the 73 and earlier European type bumpers ? I had meant to measure the Egg Harbor coupe (even had my 25 foot tape) but got so shook up over the lack of the advertised sunroof that it just slipped my mind. The reason I’m asking is the storage garage I have is on the short side, I want to make sure I even have a dry place for one before I buy. Thanks in advance :). ~ John Buchtenkirch

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
John:

Shame to lose a good car over a few inches. If it's just for storage then spend 10 minutes and remove the front and or rear bumper - should give you about 10 inches of freeboard.

Personally I think the sunroof is a rust liability and not having one is a plus - let's you negotiate with the seller on misrepresenting the car.

Doug

John Buchtenkirch

Reaction score
John:

Shame to lose a good car over a few inches. If it's just for storage then spend 10 minutes and remove the front and or rear bumper - should give you about 10 inches of freeboard.

Personally I think the sunroof is a rust liability and not having one is a plus - let's you negotiate with the seller on misrepresenting the car.

Doug

Doug, I absolutely agree about the sunroof being a rust liability plus sunroof cars don’t handle as well as non-sunroof cars, they have a higher center of gravity because of the weight added in the worst place, at the very top of the car. However with me it’s an emotional issue, I want to replace the white 72 stick & sunroof equipped Bavaria I had & enjoyed so much back in the late seventies with the car I had always wanted, the same thing in a coupe. Besides that I like a little wind blowing thru my hair :-D:-D:-D now & again. ~ John Buchtenkirch

John Buchtenkirch

Reaction score
Well I spent 20 minutes studying my garage yesterday and I can add 8” to 10” to the length with only a couple of days carpentry work so I guess I’m in or at least a coupe is if I find one :-D:-D:-D. Thanks for the information. ~ John Buchtenkirch