Hot Rod E9 on BAT

CookeD

Reaction score
Yeah, I just saw that this morning... It looks great.

I'd be interested to know what it took to make the ITB injection work, and if that's a more flexible / better running / more powerful solution vs. DCOEs. With a dialed-in stand-alone, seems like that question is easily answered with "yes"...

TodB

Reaction score
e9

If the lack of rust checked out, and you are not a purist :), I'd buy this car all day long for $30K. All. Day. Long. Add back the front bumper, throw some black tape under the side fender grills, maybe (maybe not) get rid of the three gauges and aluminum sheet in the radio area and move them up to the speaker hole a la Alpina. Cheap, nit picky things that can be done over time.

Cool to see the M30 motor envelope still being pushed - such a great motor with so much potential. I'd like to know more about this one, especially the crank used, and what it puts out for power. Dyno sheet available? Should be a torque beast. I'd also like to know more about the suspension mods, brakes and chassis and what has been done to strengthen them, especially the brakes.

Or strip it out, strengthen the chassis, throw a cage at it and make it a track day car.

But mostly, I'd drive the crap out of it.

If it were a different color and it checked out rust wise, I'd actually look into selling mine and getting this one.

rb1971

Reaction score
Cool. I'm with Barry that it would be great if it stayed local, just because I selfishly would like to see it.

$32k seems like a screaming deal for this car if it's rust-free, although given what I know about these cars I would hope there was significant chassis reinforcement before adding the HPs and TQs.

TodB

Reaction score
hotrod

I contacted the seller for arranging a ppi, but its already sold.

Shocker :) Underpriced IMO.

I still want to know about the motor.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I contacted the seller for arranging a ppi, but its already sold.

Shocker :) Underpriced IMO.

I still want to know about the motor.

Me too, especially that ignition system. Hopefully someone who will frequent the forum is the new owner.

shanon

Reaction score
This was my SF neighbor's car.
AWESOME build, good guy/friend.
Had 275hp at the wheels, lovely interior, coil-overs on 4 corners.
Featured in Classic Motorsports: 'Jeckel & Hyde article a few years ago.

New owner will enjoy.

Drive this one!

-shanon