Help with Ebay Kleinanzeigen (Germany)

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am trying to reach a vendor on Ebay Kleinanzeigen. I was able to register but it requires a German phone number, which I don't have, to verify the account.

If someone who is already on Ebay Kl. can please contact me via PM so you can have that vendor reach out to me I would greatly appreciate it.

TIA, Luis

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It is very nice of them. It is frustrating that Kleinanzeigen is not available outside Europe...

Well……
Kleinanzeigen (subsidiary of EBay) has gotten risky of late, lots of shysters scamming so one has to be even more suspicious of whom ones buying from, more so from overseas. Other disadvantage for sellers is, they are responsible for the package till it gets to the buyer, 2-3 weeks or longer and if something goes wrong, seller is the one responsible to recover the money for the buyer! In country purchases are risky enough….. that alone is a serious turn off for sellers!
via regular EBay the platform is ‘guaranteer’ per se! Kleinanzeigen offers no guarantees other than, CYA!

Last edited:

x_atlas0

Reaction score
I managed to snag a wiring harness off there a few months back, but yeah, it's really frustrating to constantly see hard-to-find parts up for somewhat reasonable prices that I can't get just because I don't have an EU phone number. I've thought about trying to get an EU burner phone just for it, but if some of our members are willing to help out, that would work too.

Maria

Reaction score
Hi and good morning,
don't hesitate to ask me for assistance. Just send me the link by pn and I will see what I can do for you!
Regards Thomas
I’m having the same problem. I’d like to register on eBay Kleinanzeigen to contact a seller but it requires me to have a German (+49) phone number. I have an Italian one (+39) and I cannot register. Do you know if is there a way to create an account without a phone number on Kleinanzeigen or with a phone number that isn’t a German one?

TomHom

Site Donor
Reaction score
I just googelt this issue. Kleinanzeigen is telling that you may register with your Email account and that you do not necessarily need a telefonumber. That's what they say!
Thomas

Maria

Reaction score
I just googelt this issue. Kleinanzeigen is telling that you may register with your Email account and that you do not necessarily need a telefonumber. That's what they say!
Thomas
Thanks for your reply. I’ve tried registering with my email but during the signup the site asks for a German (+49) phone number, it doesn’t allow to create an account without it.

Last edited:

TomHom

Site Donor
Reaction score
Seems their "door-to-door" policy is trying to keep the business in the country.
Anyhow, if you need assistance let me know
Thomas

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Ebay used to be great.

Now they withhold the proceeds from a parts sale for three weeks while requiring the part to be sent and report parts sales transactions to the IRS as if they are income (in my case, they were not).

BMW Car Clubs worldwide could do a huge service to BMW owners if they could create a worldwide classified market for club members. I know, the CCA does this, but I've only done three transaction through CCA's classifieds in 25 years as a member. The volume there is tiny.