HELP! What colour is the CS Coupe in the BMW Museum, Munich?

dj_efk

Reaction score
Excellent link Sven!

Hmmm I thought the car in the museum looked more fjord blue metallic myself, purely going on these pics of course.

dj_efk

Reaction score
Excellent link Sven!

Hmmm I thought the car in the museum looked more fjord blue metallic myself, purely going on these pics of course.

psychrunner

Reaction score
where was the coupe?

Wow, I was just there (Munich BMW Welt) last week and never saw the coupe. Commented to my wife that I was surprised they had no e9 (other than the csl racing version). Really sorry I missed it. Where was it? I was admittedly a bit out of it since I went straight away there aftera long flight and may have missed it.
Randy

psychrunner

Reaction score
where was the coupe?

Wow, I was just there (Munich BMW Welt) last week and never saw the coupe. Commented to my wife that I was surprised they had no e9 (other than the csl racing version). Really sorry I missed it. Where was it? I was admittedly a bit out of it since I went straight away there aftera long flight and may have missed it.
Randy

Percy

Reaction score
Re: HELP! What colour is the CS Coupe in the BMW Museum, Mun

dj_efk said:
I want to paint my car exactly the same colour, so I called the museum and one of the Technicians told me the colour is 065 Turkis Blau (Turkish Blue) from around 1971/1972. However having now bought the paint and got the bodyshop that is restoring my car to paint it in this colour it looks (very) green, not blue.

Turkis? Did someone say turkis?

christmas_2006_051.jpg

P1000510.jpg

From the gallery and this forum. I believe there are more examples.

Percy

Reaction score
Re: HELP! What colour is the CS Coupe in the BMW Museum, Mun

dj_efk said:
I want to paint my car exactly the same colour, so I called the museum and one of the Technicians told me the colour is 065 Turkis Blau (Turkish Blue) from around 1971/1972. However having now bought the paint and got the bodyshop that is restoring my car to paint it in this colour it looks (very) green, not blue.

Turkis? Did someone say turkis?

christmas_2006_051.jpg

P1000510.jpg

From the gallery and this forum. I believe there are more examples.

D-jetronic

Reaction score
hi !!

TO MEMBER PSYCHRUNNER:

Car is not in the BMW WELT, but in the new BMW museum.

If pictures wanted, thanks to give you email address.
You'll be able to put them on this topic (I do not know how to post images !!!sorry !!!!!).

More over, there is a type of the car written on the stand "BMW 3.0 CSi 1971".
The car is CSi 1st type , factory code 3441.
As read in the topic, color was available for CS/CSi but too late for 2800 CS.

It appears in the chart at the end of 73, and disappears in th beginning of 74, thus I think, no 2ndtype CSi (factory code 7031 from 10/73) was ever issued in this collor-or very few.

best regards to all
chris

D-jetronic

Reaction score
hi !!

TO MEMBER PSYCHRUNNER:

Car is not in the BMW WELT, but in the new BMW museum.

If pictures wanted, thanks to give you email address.
You'll be able to put them on this topic (I do not know how to post images !!!sorry !!!!!).

More over, there is a type of the car written on the stand "BMW 3.0 CSi 1971".
The car is CSi 1st type , factory code 3441.
As read in the topic, color was available for CS/CSi but too late for 2800 CS.

It appears in the chart at the end of 73, and disappears in th beginning of 74, thus I think, no 2ndtype CSi (factory code 7031 from 10/73) was ever issued in this collor-or very few.

best regards to all
chris

dj_efk

Reaction score
Very strange - My car looks green, not turquoise or green with a hint of blue but actually green! And both paint suppliers can't be wrong?

I know have to decide if I want to change it for a blue as in the pic above or not, I've already asked Bela (who is getting my interior retrimmed in Hungary) to order black rather than cream leather in case I keep it as it is.....

dj_efk

Reaction score
Very strange - My car looks green, not turquoise or green with a hint of blue but actually green! And both paint suppliers can't be wrong?

I know have to decide if I want to change it for a blue as in the pic above or not, I've already asked Bela (who is getting my interior retrimmed in Hungary) to order black rather than cream leather in case I keep it as it is.....

CincinnatiE9

Reaction score
WOW! Uhm let me scrounge up $15k to get my 3.0 going... I HAVE TO HAVE ONE NOW! That is the prettiest car.

CincinnatiE9

Reaction score
WOW! Uhm let me scrounge up $15k to get my 3.0 going... I HAVE TO HAVE ONE NOW! That is the prettiest car.