Help finding strip below roof trim and trim line fastners

Wobdog

a.k.a Mike
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Two Questions

1- Where can I purchase the strip that goes under the roof trim/drip molding. I am repainting car and my current ones are not in good shape. See pictures
2- Walloth has a set of trim line fasteners with nuts. They sell them in a set of 90 but I only need 40 part number A51131400027

As always. Thank you
Mike

Attachments

• IMG_8081.jpg
    IMG_8081.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_8092.jpg
    IMG_8092.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_8093 (1).jpg
    IMG_8093 (1).jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 57

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
#2 Mike I believe WN has counted total pieces, 45 nuts and 45 bolts. ? Which should align with what a complete set of trim needs.
There used to be a quality problem with the bolts fitting in the trim but may be old news.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
#1 - that trim under the drip rail is impossible to find and even harder to find in good shape, much less great shape.

#2 - if you are going to install the belt trim onto a recently painted car, i would recommend ordering a set of spacers from Carl Nelson.

one quick caution on the belt trim bolts from W+N - last i heard (and its been a couple of years), the ones they sold didn't easily fit into the older belt trim, only the new trim. i would order some from Carl - he probably has the original type. whatever nuts you buy for the belt trim, be sure they are the rubber back nuts to prevent water from getting to the inside metal.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the belt line fasteners are 'T' bolts so they fit into the slot on the belt trim. (narrow on the parallel sides)