Help evaluating a Coupé in Germany

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi everyone -

So I've located a car I'm interested in, in Germany. The first issue is communication. The seller doesn't speak much English and my German doesn't extend beyond ordering beer, and poorly at that.

What I'm looking for is someone that's knowledgeable (preferably in Europe - less time zone hassles) to contact the seller and ask the important questions to determine if it's worth proceeding to the next step and arranging a PPI.

I'm happy to reimburse someone for their time and effort.

If this sounds like something you can help with, please DM me and we can take this off-forum

Thanks!

Tyson

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
you are in good hands with Keshav. if he isn't close enough to personally look at it, he can connect you with somebody who might be able to. it doesn't get much better.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Willie, Keshav is helping but if I need something else and he gets busy I will let you know. Thanks for the offer! The car is in Hanover

Last edited:

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yupp. Keshav i really fine.
Alternatively I can contact the seller.
Where in Germany is the car located ?

Do you know some one reliable in the Hanover area if it was to come down to a personal inspection?

wilies13

Reaction score
Hannover is 500km from me away.
I do not know somebody. I can ask Christoph or Gerhard.
Somebody with very good knowledge about E9.
Maybe I wait until the first level is done... if there are (detailed) pictures I can have a look on it, too.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, we'll see if he responds to Keshav first and get the initial impression. Funny there is a BMW Classic Center in Hannover but the concensus they don't know old cars! Crazy...

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Classic Center: Sounds for me somehow strange due their kernel competence should be old BMWs. Maybe there was a language topic ?

Here's the url..

wilies13

Reaction score
Looks like that they are quite small. I know BMW classic from Stuttgart and they are quite small, too.
Nevertheless there could be a mechanic with good knowledge... :)