Headliner

Stefano_b

Site Donor $
Reaction score
hello everyone: I just had the headliner of my 2800 cs restored but I am not satisfied with the result of the front part: do you know if it is possible to find a new part, even 3D printed? Thank you!

aguirola

Reaction score
Always happy to help, but I would require a photograph of a naked part to understand what you are talking about.

Regards, and thank you for the referral.

Alberto

Stefano_b

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Always happy to help, but I would require a photograph of a naked part to understand what you are talking about.

Regards, and thank you for the referral.

Alberto
67D4D676-3B1F-4907-AD41-1F8B7B830010.jpeg

This is my part, really damaged.

jefflit

Site Donor $
Reaction score
A commonly needed part indeed. The ends where the visors mount are always roasted. There are oval metal plates embedded in the original under the visor brackets to add strength. Mine is not quite good enough on the corners to use as a master I fear. You might notice in the photos that mine had also been recovered once but that can be removed. The one in the photo above is much worse, missing all the rearview mirror area.

Note, there are at least three versions: no sunroof (has dome light), manual sunroof (has crank cup), electric sunroof (has switch). Maybe could make one with no holes and let end user cut to suit but I think there is some indentation for each from factory, not just a hole. Also, while fiberglass is probably the most economical material for a repop, the original piece is "squishy".

Attachments

• 20221007_165146.jpg
    20221007_165146.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 20221007_165226.jpg
    20221007_165226.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 20221007_165154.jpg
    20221007_165154.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 20221007_165212.jpg
    20221007_165212.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 77

aguirola

Reaction score
As I suppose I cannot remove mine from my car and not wreck it, or undergo major
removal of items, widshield, complete liner, etc., I can certainly make them in fibreglass as the previous parts we
have produced.

Thus, I would require a good sample to pull a mould from, a universal one as previously mentioned,
then the end user would finish the details.
If that were feasible, then, I would require a commitment (firm) at least how many
would require one, or 2 :)

Regards, Alberto

Stefano_b

Site Donor $
Reaction score
As I suppose I cannot remove mine from my car and not wreck it, or undergo major
removal of items, widshield, complete liner, etc., I can certainly make them in fibreglass as the previous parts we
have produced.

Thus, I would require a good sample to pull a mould from, a universal one as previously mentioned,
then the end user would finish the details.
If that were feasible, then, I would require a commitment (firm) at least how many
would require one, or 2 :)

Regards, Alberto
Hello Alberto,
what I supposed was exactly what you told! To do a new one, a old one (nearly perfect) is needed, in order to make a cast. And this is the first problem…the second one is that shipping cost from America to Europe for such a large part lets the deal being hardly possible!

aguirola

Reaction score
Stefano, the shipping is not an issue. We have managed brilliantly in all occasions worldwide.
My main question is: can I remove my perfect one without major surgery?

Pulling a mould from mine, or another, is not an issue,as I will have the perfect replacement.

Thank you for your kind reply.

Saluti, Alberto

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I don’t need the one in my car, but can’t remove it for a few months.

Bejoe16

Reaction score
I may have an extra good one that won’t be used. Let me get my eyes on it and will get back. Assuming it’s still needed.

aguirola

Reaction score
I may have an extra good one that won’t be used. Let me get my eyes on it and will get back. Assuming it’s still needed.
Thank you for the effort!
As usual, we need an initial show of hands, before committing to production.
I simply cannot start pulling moulds, unless there is a real need.

Regards, Alberto

aguirola

Reaction score
Thank you for the lead, but I do not have facebook.
Also, there is no point of involving shipping, production, etc. until firm, serious commitments are expressed.

Regards, Alberto