Has anyone gone to Deutsche Marque Concours in DC?

gkb

Site Donor
Reaction score
Actually Vienna Virginia this year on May 3. I don't plan to enter, just looking for an excuse to get the coupe out of the garage and was wondering if others had gone and found it fun or worthwhile (whatever that means).

gkb

Site Donor
Reaction score
Actually Vienna Virginia this year on May 3. I don't plan to enter, just looking for an excuse to get the coupe out of the garage and was wondering if others had gone and found it fun or worthwhile (whatever that means).

MichaelP

Reaction score
Go. I've been several times in the past, and it's a great place to meet other coupe slaves. Also, don't be bashful about showing your coupe; several others in various states of oxidation always show up on the grass. Alas, I'm not going this year...

MichaelP

Reaction score
Go. I've been several times in the past, and it's a great place to meet other coupe slaves. Also, don't be bashful about showing your coupe; several others in various states of oxidation always show up on the grass. Alas, I'm not going this year...

KHB

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've gone the past 4 or 5 years (only the last 2 in the coupe) and plan to go. The Mercedes and Porsche clubs always have a good turn out as well if you enjoy seeing other cars. I entered last year in the Anfanger class, but I'm not entering this year. Mainly because they like you to stay until 4'ish and I prefer to get up the road sooner since it's an hour and half plus ride. Give it try. It would be nice to meet you.

KHB

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've gone the past 4 or 5 years (only the last 2 in the coupe) and plan to go. The Mercedes and Porsche clubs always have a good turn out as well if you enjoy seeing other cars. I entered last year in the Anfanger class, but I'm not entering this year. Mainly because they like you to stay until 4'ish and I prefer to get up the road sooner since it's an hour and half plus ride. Give it try. It would be nice to meet you.

gkb

Site Donor
Reaction score
KHB and MP

Thanks for the info. Just curious KHB - when are you planning to leave for the drive down?

My plans are still up in the air since I am on the west coast this week and my wife is on me to get one of the iXs sold, but I may still drive down if the weather is nice. It would be good to meet another Baltimore coupster.

gkb

Site Donor
Reaction score
KHB and MP

Thanks for the info. Just curious KHB - when are you planning to leave for the drive down?

My plans are still up in the air since I am on the west coast this week and my wife is on me to get one of the iXs sold, but I may still drive down if the weather is nice. It would be good to meet another Baltimore coupster.

KHB

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'll probably leave about 8:30 or 9:00. I'm near Bel Air. I would like to see your coupe, but if it helps convince the other half you could bring the iX and a for sale sign.

KHB

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'll probably leave about 8:30 or 9:00. I'm near Bel Air. I would like to see your coupe, but if it helps convince the other half you could bring the iX and a for sale sign.

gkb

Site Donor
Reaction score
Postponed until May 17

Washington area Deutschemark Councours moved from May 3 to May 17.

High threat of rain - apparently the Mercedes folks are as concerned as we
e9er are.

gkb

Site Donor
Reaction score
Postponed until May 17

Washington area Deutschemark Councours moved from May 3 to May 17.

High threat of rain - apparently the Mercedes folks are as concerned as we
e9er are.