Grill Badges - Place your orders!

jhjacobs

Reaction score
Hi John,
I'm sorry, there is little worse than riding or driving the porcelain bus while over there.
It's awfully gracious of you to take us all onto your back with this endeavor... This time, I think I'd like an Inka. 2nd choice is Golf. Will send a check as soon as I'm sure that you have pulled through. Sorry...When you feel like death eating an onion sandwich, the last thing you want to hear is my BS....Take care, and give me buzz when you get back, and thanks. Dave V. in NC

Not to worry Dave, I have a seatbelt for the toilet to keep from going airborne; however, I may need to go for a full 5 point racing belt because of the G's... :oops:

jhjacobs

Reaction score
Status on orders

So far so good. I have responded with confirmations to all orders and payments received so far. The running tally is:

Vendor Order: 135 total, 70 white, 40 inka, 25 golf

Reserved / Ordered: 76 total, 38 white, 24 inka, 14 golf

Still Available: 22 white, 16 inka, 11 golf

There are still about 13 badges reserved (through threads & PMs) but not ordered. I don't think there will be any issue in running out of badges or even first choice of color. If we do start to run out of any color I will post and PM those who reserved but not ordered.

I am actually hoping we will have a bit of overage on the vendor order so that badges will be available for some time into the future.

If you have ordered and not heard back from me by email (or PM) then please drop me a note. I trying hard to be diligent but I could miss something.

jhjacobs

Reaction score
Badge ordering process

We still have plenty of badges left but I suspect over the next several weeks they will all be spoken for.

To order a badge please send an email to me at jhjacobs(AT)ix.netcom.com with the following information:

1. Subject: E9-DRIVEN GRILL BADGE ORDER (this will make it easier for me)
2. Your name
3. Your board name (this is needed to confirm those who stated a preference - I know many real names but not all)
4. Your shipping address (I will use exactly what you type with appropriate country information)
5. How many badges you want and color preference(s). If you are flexible in your color choice it would be helpful for me to know this too.
6. How & when you plan to pay

I will respond to each and every email with a confirmation. If you don't get a confirmation within 72 hours you might send a PM follow up; SPAM filters are alive and well and I have no idea what makes them eat mail. Email is preferred but if for some reason you don't have email access you may PM this information.

Payment details: $25us per badge, shipping included

Option 1 - Paypal to: jhjacobs(at)ix.netcom.com

Option 2 - Check to: John Jacobs

Mail to:
John Jacobs
13609 Mount Prospect Drive
Rockville, MD 20850

runner

Reaction score
John

I'll take one Inka (white 2nd chooice if out) and willput a check in the mail to you and email my order to you.

Thanks

jhjacobs

Reaction score
The time is getting close. We are at 3 weeks and the vendor said 3 to 3.5 weeks. So far I have orders for 85 badges so we still have a fair number of the 135 badges still available, and in all colors. Once I receive the badges I will notify everyone and get them bundled and shipped out straight away.

There are still quite a few folks who "reserved" a badge but have not ordered. Shortly after I make the initial shipments I will be releasing the reservations. It is good that we have extra badges this time. It will allow newbies a chance to get in on the action as well as stragglers not to miss out.

jhjacobs

Reaction score
I just received word from the vendor that the badges will be shipped on Monday, they are running a few days late. This implies they should arrive at my house about 1 week later. I will be out of town until the following Friday so I will not be able to ship. However, I will prepare all the shipping materials and labels to be ready for a post office run the minute I get home.

jhjacobs

Reaction score
Good news!:-D

Although I am travelling next week I was able to get the grill badges shipped to my office in California and they have now arrived. I will not be there until Monday but I should be able to get them packaged and shipped out to everyone early next week; I will use USPS First Class. Once I get them in the mail I will send email to those who have ordered (and that I have an email address for) to let you know they are on the way. For those folks local to me who have asked I will hand deliver; I expect to be back in the Washington, DC, area by Saturday, October 24.

While I have not yet seen them myself, I had a business associate open the box and inspect them and he says they are every bit as nice as the first batch we ordered a few years ago. He also says the Inka's and Golf's turned out extra nice!

It looks like everyone will get their first choice(s) of color and I still have a fair number of all colors available. Thanks to everyone who has joined me in this venture. I really appreciate all the kind words, it makes it all worthwhile. :mrgreen:

jhjacobs

Reaction score
The grill badges are in the mail for those who ordered! US addresses should arrive in 3-5 days and no-US should be in 7-10 days. They were mailed from Milpitas, CA, so some of you "valley" folk may get them as early as tomorrow.

I still have a fair number of badges left for anyone still interested - hopefully my small stash will last a while so any newbies or people who have been busy won't miss out.

I sent and email to everyone that I have an email address confirming shipment. If you ordered and don't receive the email notice it might be a good idea to check in with me. I was careful with my records and packing but it is also possible that I got the wrong color(s) or quantity; if this happens please let me know and I will correct it promptly.

Thanks for giving me the privilege of doing this for the group. :mrgreen:

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thank you for doing this for us! I think everyone on the board appreciates your tremendous efforts. By the way, it was a pleasure meeting you on Saturday!

Cheers!
Mike

acat2002

Reaction score
Just received my two (White & Golf) in the mail.

Not that my expectations were low by any means, but I was pleasantly surprised at the quality. As soon as somebody mentions things being made in China, all bets are off in terms of quality.

These are really nice and with good detail too!.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to mount these before I over-engineer yet another simple project? Right hand (passenger-side) grill about halfway between headlight and kidney sound about right?

Has anyone ever stuck one of these to the rear valence (next to the license plate)? I wouldn't want to go drilling any holes, but just curious....

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Received mine today - Very nice.
Very much so indeed.

Thanks for doing this. Much appreciated.

:) :) :)

As far as hardware for attaching - I will be visiting the local 'specialty' fastener store in my area and taking a look at what they have available. I recently installed the CS Registry badge I got a few years back - so I have an idea on what I'd like to do.... Just need the time. And with the rain dumping outside right now - I think I have some time to play with.

Kevin

Last edited:

Ives

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Heavy Duty

John,

Got my 2 badges yesterday and they are outstanding. Very heavy and high quality. I mounted the Inka badge on my Sahara Coupe and it finally has some color other than tan or black and, I think, it looks fantastic.

Thank you for putting all of this together and letting others know about the E9 site through the display of our badges. They really capture the spirit of the Coupe.:)

Regards Jon

abe3.0CSi

Reaction score
Simple way to attach....

Get a couple of those art deco plastic mirror hangers they use to use in the 30s and 40s...any hardware store has them. Then I used two hex screws...black in my case.
Once you take the grill off..5 simple screws, the art deco plastic hanger goes on the inside, screw the badge into the plastic hanger and your done. The beauty of it is that plastic will be touching your plastic grill to minimize any damage and the screw locks into the plastic itself.
Do a practice run and screw things together before installing because the art deco piece needs to be tapped by the screw first and you dont want to force things later while installing in the grill. A drop of oil also helps with the process.
Ignore the brass screw in the picture below...the screw actually comes in from the other side.
abe

Attachments

• !B,pKpK!!2k~$(KGrHqEH-DsEqt7gWt1CBKs(1bD+Wg~~_35.jpg
    !B,pKpK!!2k~$(KGrHqEH-DsEqt7gWt1CBKs(1bD+Wg~~_35.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

jhjacobs

Reaction score
:-D

Let's see some Badge photos! The wonderful feedback is rolling in as they arrive in mailboxes. I am delighted with this venture and I hope we find more fun things like this to do down the road. It is getting a bit late to try another calendar but perhaps we'll start early and get a 2010 calendar put together.

This is a great community and I am happy to do my part to keep the E9 spirit alive.

I also want to thank everyone for being patient with me. I especially want to thank DanG for keeping this site alive and well so we have a place to meet and share coupe experience and enthusiasm on-line.