Getting closer

kasbatts

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well for anyone interested, it's been about 8 weeks since I last worked on the old girl, but today I managed to sneak a couple of hours and got the last bit of the new strut top welded in on the LH side, and then started down into what I am pretty sure is the last bit to do (well see when cleaned back to metal) the LH passengers foot well and floor (it looks pretty good so far), I think about another 20 hrs and she will be ready for the paint shop.....YEA BABY..
A friend of mine here in Auckland (who happens to do my painting for work (kitchens/furniture)
also happens to be one of the top men around for Mustang restos, his work is absolute perfection, and has had his cars featured in several magazines and TV programs, so I am very excited about a fantastic paint job.
The car has been back to bare metal and I've been over and over it, I am very confidant I will have a 99.9% rust free car at last!!

Will get some Pictures up asap

PS. Here's a CSL for sale on our local auction site, it's at the other end of the country so I don't know much about it, but if it's any good it may be pretty cheap with our exchange rate, especially into the UK

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/BMW/auction-231487096.htm

Last edited:

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Csl?

I am certainly no expert. But shouldn't there be a rear fog lamp, different bumpers. Etc.It just does not smell like a CSL. Get out the long distance magnets.

Steve