Gas pedal question.

atan888

Reaction score
My coupe's pedal has a rubber sleeve where you attach to the rod. Once its attached it gets very stiff to step on the gas. Is it maybe it has the wrong pedal? I have read that there are 2 different models. My car is a 73 what pedal should I have? Thanks in advance.

x_atlas0

Reaction score
I had a similar problem, but it turned out the L-bracket that was linked to the pedal arm was catching on a power steering or coolant overflow line in the engine bay. You may want to check there. Alternatively, have you lubricated the connection yet?

atan888

Reaction score
I currently have the rubber behind the pedal resting on the L bracket and it feels better than it was connected. Does anyone has a photo of how the other pedal looks like? Thanks

OZCSi

Reaction score
I have really looked at this situ hard myself, I actually got a pedal and fitted it and it was so stiff that the pedal arm broke off whic is why I had replaced the first one( the rod linkage was never there since I got the car) I have a 73 csi and simply made a spacer behind the pedal to overcome this, but it seems a topic that needs clarifying.

My thoughts anyway

PaulinPa

Reaction score
Early style pedal attaches to floor via two "ball posts".My 74 has tab on pedal that slips under metal hoop on floor.FYI early Bavaria pedal looks same as early coupe pedal.