Garage Sale / Blow Out Pricing / This Saturday Jan. 26th / Orange Calif. / 9 am to 12 noon / Zoom for pieces you want shipped

paul cain

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
How did the sale come out? How did the remote dial in work? More biz with in person buyers or dial in? Everything sold?
It went very well. Randy called in and we used my cell phone for Zoom. We got up close images on the key pieces of the E9 Belt line trim he was after. He paid on the dime and I am going to deliver them to Speedway Polishing on Monday for refinishing. I think Randy would consider it successful, he called back an hour later and purchased more from the Pelly stash.

We had 4 -5 'walk up' customers as well as we had an ad on Craigslist including, "Bill" a local CSi owner who was not aware of the E9Coupe Forum. ( I know -Crazy, Huh?) Chris gave him the full rundown on the 187 benefits of membership, encouraging him to join and to get his CSi back on the road. This was Mike Pelly's industrial unit and it turned into a very $uccessful 02 Parts sale day for Mike.

We sold about ~$1200 and this turned out to be about 2% of the bulk of parts. The truck arrived 15 minutes early and we loaded the remaining 98% of all the unsold items. We have nothing left.

Swept the garage floor and went to lunch at 12:15pm. Thank you all for chiming in and joining the conversation. That was fun.

Attachments

• IMG_9735.jpg
    IMG_9735.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 101
Last edited by a moderator:

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It went very well. Randy called in and we used my cell phone for Zoom. We got up close images on the key pieces of the E9 Belt line trim he was after. He paid on the dime and I am going to deliver them to Speedway Polishing on Monday for refinishing. I think Randy would consider it successful, he called back an hour later and purchased more from the Pelly stash.

We had 4 -5 'walk up' customers as well as we had an ad on Craigslist including, "Bill" a local CSi owner who was not aware of the E9Coupe Forum. ( I know -Crazy, Huh?) Chris gave him the full rundown on the 187 benefits of membership, encouraging him to join and to get his CSi back on the road. This was Mike Pelly's industrial unit and it turned into a very $uccessful 02 Parts sale day for Mike.

We sold about ~$1200 and this turned out to be about 2% of the bulk of parts. The truck arrived 15 minutes early and we loaded the remaining 98% of all the unsold items. We have nothing left.

Swept the garage floor and went to lunch at 12:15pm. Thank you all for chiming in and joining the conversation. That was fun.
Hello and I wish the you guys the best, I think the reason for sailing only 2% of your total parts, you did not post the price of parts or at least part of it, my self needed a part and didn't want to drive all the way there and the parts be to pricey if you post the price I can make a decision that I can afford to buy or not then I will drive I ask you to give me a price for a part that I need and you didn't give me the price and you said they are expensive however sorry that it is sounds like a complain but I am not complaining I just needed to see how much is rear moving arm since I have 2800cs and I want to convert it to the disk, best regards.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
We sold much, much more prior to our garage sale and prices were posted for those parts. And prices were very affordable as we had no need to hang on to the remaining parts.

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
@Candia4441 ..... If you are interested in something - I would recommend asking.
Chris/Paul (and friends) had tons of stuff there - expecting them to list prices in advance is a bit much.... IMO.
Plus the price for something at 9am is probably a bit different than it would/could be just before closing time.

YMMV as always...

Reactions: Wes

mmccusername

Reaction score
The sale was a great success-- to me at least! Dropped by, got some 02 parts at good prices, and met some nice folks. Thanks to all involved.
Michael

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yes. I have a set of 3.0 CS vent rear disc brake rear trailing arms. Complete; discs, calipers, E Brake cable, etc. With 34.555k miles on them from new. They are expensive.
Hello, you never gave me a price for complete rear trailing arm if you have it and you have not sold it will you please give me a price I need left and right I want to upgrade my 2800cs to disk brake

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hello, you never gave me a price for complete rear trailing arm if you have it and you have not sold it will you please give me a price I need left and right I want to upgrade my 2800cs to disk brake

Please read the thread, that offer Paul gave you was before they had the garage sale. As you can read a couple of posts back:

We have nothing left.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Lets make it a traveling sale, us east coast people need love too! The only thing available here is ferrous oxide.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Pretty sure this sale is over. For those of you who need things, please post a separate topic asking for them. I sell a lot of parts to people who merely post that they are looking for something. It saves me the hassle of writing an ad and monitoring an ad, and I know the transaction will go quickly.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Paul is on vacation in South America at this time.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
All of the remaining parts were given to our collector friend but if there is something you want he would be willing to sell parts individually. Only the door belt trim was left, sorry. Front bumper was sold but I think there is one rear bumper set still available. Send me a Conversation.