FS: Reproduction E3/E9 Power Steering Pressure Hose 32411117565

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Has anyone installed one and verified the clocking of the fittings is correct? I ask because from the photo above, It’s not clear they are.

billpatterson

Site Donor
Reaction score
Has anyone installed one and verified the clocking of the fittings is correct? I ask because from the photo above, It’s not clear they are.

HI
Quality and look is great.

I have installed mine and it is quite twisted. I do not remember how twisted the original was. Can anyone confirm how twisted the power steering hose should be??

Thanks,
Bill

alprada70

http://www.oilsdesigngroup.com/
Site Donor $
Reaction score

Attachments

• 14963D6A-284E-4E37-9A18-A56FABFFFB29.jpeg
    14963D6A-284E-4E37-9A18-A56FABFFFB29.jpeg
    270.8 KB · Views: 162
  • E81D2856-720F-4347-A541-A65B89BDC1C6.jpeg
    E81D2856-720F-4347-A541-A65B89BDC1C6.jpeg
    337.4 KB · Views: 159

TedS

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The last time I had the front end out I was able to stand over the steering box and offer up the hose- that's what it would've looked like if I'd installed it. I posted a picture of new next to original back on the previous page.
I wonder if there's a minor difference between E3 & E9?

billpatterson

Site Donor
Reaction score
The last time I had the front end out I was able to stand over the steering box and offer up the hose- that's what it would've looked like if I'd installed it. I posted a picture of new next to original back on the previous page.
I wonder if there's a minor difference between E3 & E9?

Hi TedS,

I used Vise Grips on the restricted section fitting to twist the hose; probably about 90 degrees.

Bill

TedS

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi TedS,

I used Vise Grips on the restricted section fitting to twist the hose; probably about 90 degrees.

Bill

I'm not sure about 90 degrees but it was at least 45 and it would've been twisted like yours.

billpatterson

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Alvaro
Now that it is attached at both ends, I will loosen both fittings and see what it wants to do...

Regards,
Bill

Nope...it will stay in its current position; it doesnt want to move. If I move it, it is either in the way of the oil filter can or it will be oriented downwards and exposed to the road. Time will tell how it does...

Regards,
Bill

Dan Wood

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have received the hose and am trying to install it. I have verified that the pn hasn't changed. However, the two previous posts where the hose fit without excessive twisting were on 1974 E9's (@alprada70 and @halboyles). @TedS and @billpatterson have the excessive twisting and the clocking on @TedS is identical to the one I have. Also the 90 degree end on Ted's new one is a close 90 d fitting and my new one is a normal 90 d matching original. I suspect the reason my new hose is longer is because the hose length wasn't shortened when the 90 d end was changed.
Is anyone able to use this hose without excessive twisting on an E9 older than 1974? This twisting is excess of what I will accept for my car.
Alvaro can you provide the hose with 2 different orientations?

Here are the pics of my original compared to the new one which appears to match @TedS. Also note the elbow and length differences. It would also help if the natural curve of the hose was reversed relative to the fittings.

PS Hose 1.jpgPS Hose 2.jpgPS Hose 3.jpgPS Hose TedS.png