FS Rear lights/ France *SOLD*

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hello all,
Doing this for my parts guy.... a pair of rear lights (without bulb holders) with orange reverse light lenses, French specs.
Possibly attractive for our French members.
Please pm me and I’ll set up a direct contact to the seller.
Right light looks really nice, left one has some pitting

Thanks for looking.
Keshav

CE1588F7-FABF-4970-9331-C65C28D3875A.jpeg
5C238EDF-15CC-4460-A777-C36FEB626B89.jpeg

Last edited:

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Along with the yellow headlights..... hopefully a French member can shed some ‘light’ on this unique combination.

Per internet, “Yellow light is more effective in bad weather. Sometimes, yellow still used for fog lights. Because its lower wavelength means that it scatters less in fog and rain and this reduces bounced blinding light to both the driver and oncoming traffic as it is more focused than whiter light”.
And....
This tradition started during World War II so that the French civilian cars would stand out form enemy vehicles. The Government enacted a law on the 3rd of November, 1936 stating that all vehicles put into production in 1937 are required to have yellow headlights.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
ya, but amber BACKUP lights for fog penetration? Seems a bit overkill.

Apparently the amber penetrates the wavelength better, makes sense to me apart from the exotic look. In Germany they aren’t allowed or else I’d fancy something like that

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I believe the yellow light benefit for fog has been debunked. They may have put them also on the back lights thinking cars behind wouldnt be blinded or more easily see cars ahead. I like the WW2 theory but i am sure the enemy would have caught on pretty quickly!

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Peter,
Thanks for your interest. Sent email
Keshav

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thank you all for your interest and for looking, these are sold.

Keshav

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Dave,
Being that the buyer is a forum member, it’s not my place to disclose the price, but I will say, it’s the same average price like most other lenses sold in similar condition here. Selling the French type is surely more difficult than the standard ones therefore I’m glad they sold.

Keshav