FS 745 turbo setup

Bwana

Reaction score
I have a full (I think) turbo setup from a 745 including cylinder head, turbo, exhaust plumbing, waste gate, and OEM exhaust manifold. I'm not sure what it's all worth (rare vs. availability) so make an offer or chime in with an estimate. Shipping from Santa Fe, NM. I have two turbos for some reason, both spin but will probably have to be rebuilt

Attachments

• 20240206_155125.jpg
    20240206_155125.jpg
    499.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 20240206_155137.jpg
    20240206_155137.jpg
    465.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 20240206_155144.jpg
    20240206_155144.jpg
    487.6 KB · Views: 73

Ives

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The badges on the 2 KKK27s look like they've already been revaned by Aero. The owner of that company is very reluctant to rebuild any more and there is contact info on the badge. There is an adaptor to fit a modern Garrett turbo to a stock M106 exhaust manifold. These do fit in a Coupe but the implementation is quite complicated and expensive.
Regards, Jon

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yes, several years ago Jahan bought a coupe with a 745 setup installed. If I remember correctly, there was a hole cut in the right side fender to make room.

Ives

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ohmess,
There is just a notch about 8" long in the frame rail that allows the L bracket for the wastegate to fit.
Regards, Jon

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Ohmess,
There is just a notch about 8" long in the frame rail that allows the L bracket for the wastegate to fit.
Regards, Jon
Did not know that, and I never got to see Jahan's install because he pulled the engine and replaced it with one he bought from Don Lawrence.

Bwana

Reaction score
I found my old receipts and I'll sell the turbo setup for $500 plus shipping. The shipping could be significant as the exhaust manifold weighs 25# by itself. I do not know if the turbo or the head have been rebuilt, I'd suggest doing both before installation.

The second head in the photos is, I think, from a M30B35 and is not included, it just happened to be in the same area.

Full disclosure, I've got the bolts for the head and the exhaust manifold but the experts here need to weigh in as to if you can re-use them. I thought I saw someplace they may be "use once" like mid-'80's Saab head bolts.

Ives

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My experience with rebuilding these engines multiple time is that the bolts are reusable but the nuts are not. The metal gaskets for the exhaust manifold, wastegate (all openings) and turbo are not reusable even though some builders don't replace them. These parts are not impossible to source but I'd call them difficult. They are found either in Germany or on sites like EBay, US or Germany. These M106 engines are scarce and pretty exotic. In a good setup it is not unusual to see 300-400 RWHP once all of the rebuild and integration problems are solved.
Regards, Jon