FS: 73 3.0Csl/ALPINA B2S Tribute?..

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thoughts on this build?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
completely agree with Scott on this ... in both cases. you know that you will be getting a rare car that has been properly put together with attention to detail. with the drop in the euro value to the USD ... this is a bargain compared to high end base coupe sales here in the USA

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Nice!
Is the redline really 7k RPM?

If so it would be awesome to include dyno plots...

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Cant locate the dyno readout right (I’ll find it) now but here are the engine specs! Alpina Group A (hand made at Alpina for the few cars Alpina sold to teams for competition). I wanted to keep the Djet look and had a guy build me a programable ecu but had to sacrifice plenty of hp’s due to the limit of air intake of the Orginal setup (my last coupe had 3xwebers and I’d had enough of those). The original ECU for this engine was not supplied along. Weber 48’s would have pushed well into 310+hp. Alloy lightened flywheel from JB Racing/ Florida and a hand made a Alpina Group 2 exhaust with headers and X pipe (welded together on the car). Dyno shows 286hp, 310* cam. Once it’s warm, idling is pretty decent. Can easily drive around town, not ideal though for such an engine. Getrag 265/5. Both motor and gearbox have 11,500 kms/ 7200 miles ONLY!
Other car specs are listed on my for sale so I won’t go there.
E5EDE2B9-6671-4358-9219-6AB5B0F7FF9B.jpeg

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Neat.
If I buy this car do I have to service it in Germany? Or the US gurus can deal with it?
Just in case the Euro keeps dropping I am in...

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
f I buy this car do I have to service it in Germany?
Basic service as for all other cars….. has never needed a ecu based tune up since it was last done 8 odd yrs ago…..

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Arde. Please buy it then I can drive over and see it! So nice!
Well I just described Keshav's car to my wife and daughter as we sat at a nice Italian Brooklyn restaurant. The initial reaction was "of course, to replace the 2007 VW Rabbit you just sold". I said "well, it is a different price range", but no big drama. Keshav, let's talk. Maybe bring the car to Legends in August and one way or another it will be sold in the US :).

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thoughts, comments on this build?

This car has been discussed in this forum at length. Search for posts by Keshav.

Great, rare, desirable, practical, beautiful car. Many of us who value driving over showing our cars would be willing to sell portions of our car collections to own this resto-mod CSL.

When dealing with cars like this, IMHO importation to the USA is an inconsequential detail that you deal with by writing a relatively small check to a firm that deals with importing classic cars from Europe. Often, you can join another collector to split a container and use the same export & import broker.

Last edited:

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This car has been discussed in this forum at length. Search for posts by Keshav.

Great, rare, desirable, practical, beautiful car. Many of us who value driving over showing our cars would be willing to sell portions of our car collections to own this resto-mod CSL.

When dealing with cars like this, IMHO importation to the USA is an inconsequential detail that you deal with by writing a relatively small check to a firm that deals with importing classic cars from Europe. Often, you can joint up with another collector to split a container and use the same export & import broker.

Thank you very much for your support… having just restored a Bat and sending it to Philadelphia, i can reaffirm that the process is pretty clear and painless in most states except CA. Shipping from Germany to the US is just as easy, any number of outfits doing it.