FS 3.0 CS Verona

LarryE9E10

Reaction score
That's my coupe's twin. My car came off the line immediately before this one - VIN #2240749 vs. #2240750 - and it's also verona over black. Think a pair of identical twins with consecutive serial numbers has any special value in the market?

bubukitty

Reaction score
Very nice looking coupe. Anyone here familiar with it?

I wrote the EBay seller with some questions. Here is his reply...

"Hello -
The car was painted 8-10 years ago; the front fenders were replaced at that time and the entire car was repainted. There is no rust showing on the car at this point. The engine was rebuilt in 1999 and the car has been driven 5k miles since. I have receipts for the engine rebuild. The car was never driven in the winter and has been garage kept. Sorry, I don't have undercarriage pictures. Thanks for your inquiry and hope this helps."

Does not sound like he plans on posting any underbody shots or emailing me any.

polaris68

Site Donor
Reaction score
That's my coupe's twin. My car came off the line immediately before this one - VIN #2240749 vs. #2240750 - and it's also verona over black. Think a pair of identical twins with consecutive serial numbers has any special value in the market?

Looks like we have triplets. My VIN is 2240747 and is verona/black with sunroof.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
yep, i saw this one pop up this morning ... with what could be a reasonable or a high price ... and the only thing that could differentiate it are some great detail shots, but ... there are none. and there's a dealer who is marketing the car. wants money + doesn't really know the vehicle. might be a great car ... might not. until somebody really puts hands on it and seriously looks it over ... well i would stay away

bubukitty

Reaction score
yep, i saw this one pop up this morning ... with what could be a reasonable or a high price ... and the only thing that could differentiate it are some great detail shots, but ... there are none. and there's a dealer who is marketing the car. wants money + doesn't really know the vehicle. might be a great car ... might not. until somebody really puts hands on it and seriously looks it over ... well i would stay away

Agreed. It looks like a really nice car but without the details and a willingness by the selling dealer to offer up details and more pictures, it would not be worth investigating more unless one lives in the area where the car is being sold. Just too risky for a potential buyer to buy it with limited information or to travel, at great expense, to check out the car.

polaris68

Site Donor
Reaction score

He knows enough to know that it has Alpine wheels

GroupeB

Reaction score
Hmmm no undercarriage photos?

He knows enough to not post undercarriage photos... which I think says it all. Shiny on the outside, check out those A pillars carefully.
If Tom Kelly built the engine, the car went through WerkShop to get that done, so possibly Don/Mike know more.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Travel expenses

IMHO, spending $500 to fly out and inspect a car selling for $45k seems cheap. It's barely more than 1% of the price. Better than than spend $1000 on shipping only to receive a car that's not up to your expectations.

john

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Am I the only one who winces when I see speakers adorning the rear shelf, doors and kick panels. On a $45K car? Feel free to chime in through the single stock speaker in your wood dash. Lovely.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That's exactly what a friend of mine did on Saturday - and he purchased it. It's a beauty and the real deal.

IMHO, spending $500 to fly out and inspect a car selling for $45k seems cheap. It's barely more than 1% of the price. Better than than spend $1000 on shipping only to receive a car that's not up to your expectations.

john