front fenders

DanC

Reaction score
Could someone tell me how the bottom of the front fenders mount and what they mount to?
I'm keeping my '70 2800CS and I noticed that both of my front fenders bottom edge where it meets the rocker panels are flappin' in the breeze.
I'm pretty sure that ain't right!

61porsche

Reaction score
Flappin' fenders

Dan,

The bottom edge of the rear of the front fenders were spot welded in three places to the outer rocker. Two closer together nearer the front and one about mid way. This was in addition to many spot welds in the closing/ door area and originally a solder/ lead joint inside the wheel closing panel.

Assuming you just need a method of attachment and your fenders are in good shape a similar spot of good body panel adhesive would be an alternate to the welding unless of course you're replicating the factory. Do make certain not to seal the entire edge as some drainage occurs there.

DanC

Reaction score
Thank you 61Porsche! The list of things that need to be fixed on this car just grows the more I get into it. I'd dump it, but it's so darn much fun to drive! And the way the car looks just knocks me out!