For sale: Getrag 265/5 Dogleg and 265/6 Overdrive

frogisland

Reaction score
For sale shortly. I'm currently having one each of the dogleg and overdrive gearboxes professionally rebuilt.

Without bellhousings or the gear selector/shift, but i do have spare if needed.

Dogleg - £2800
Overdrive - SOLD

Through the build of my two e12 and e9 race cars, plus a previous BMW, i collected a number of of these gearboxes to ensure i have spares (plus for a future possible build)! I have finally consolidated what i have and selling/sold all the unwanted parts. My shed is looking very clear!

I also have a rebuilt Dogleg box with very rare steel synchros that i would part with (perhaps!)

Please PM me

JP

Last edited:

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I can’t imagine the shipping cost to US, but my flailing search for an overdrive with some comfort as to reliability may ultimately
lead me to swim over.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
I can’t imagine the shipping cost to US, but my flailing search for an overdrive with some comfort as to reliability may ultimately
lead me to swim over.

Jay I don't think OD boxes are impossible to find. Why don't you contact the forums top mechanical professionals (Al Taylor, Bert P, SFDon, Mario at VSR1, LJ, CK, etc.) and let them know you are in the market for a reconditioned 5spd OD. These shops/guys are always looking for parts for their restoration jobs, and are likely to come across something for you sooner or later. Plus, if they find a gearbox that needs some work like installation of the OD drive, they are qualified to do the work for you. Ditto on anything you need in the way of conversion parts.

I can't believe going this way will be more expensive than a 2500 GBP box ($3250 + $250 in shipping) from the UK.

John

frogisland

Reaction score
The Overdrive gearbox is now sold.

I still have the Dogleg 265/5 that is with the gearbox builder at the moment for a refresh.

Last edited:

frogisland

Reaction score
This was the Overdrive gearbox

Attachments

• Overdrive 1.jpg
    Overdrive 1.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 657
  • Overdrive 4.jpg
    Overdrive 4.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 235

CallumNicklin

Reaction score
I’ve just bought the 265/6 from Frogisland. He has been exceptionally good with communicating with me throughout the purchase and delivery came 2 days after sending the funds. He’s also incredibly knowledgeable on e9s and I recommend purchasing anything from him.

Very happy :)