For sale 72' CS Coupe

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi there, I've over a thousand view with no comment, am I asking too much? What is the market value or what's the car worth in this condition to the E9 enthusiast because I might have a local buyer. Thanks.

Apologies from a silent voyeur, assumed you seek buyers not opinions.

Looks like a nice car from the parts I see, somehow I am missing the panoramic exterior and interior views that give you a feel for the car.
For 25k$ you may have to have the 5 speed installed, and some of the other details sorted out (toolbox, fan blower cover, delete spacers, replace the underhood foam). I like the wood, the stance, the cloth, and the wheels.

I love manual windows, the perfect combo is manual windows with electric door lock like my Volvo 240 had, my coupe is the opposite :(.

May get an extra 1k$ if the car comes with a story. Something spicy about the first owner, like made a fortune trading baseball cards but could not stand his daughter growing up with a California accent, so he packed the cards in the trunk and drove up to Canada for good.

Last edited:

yellowbullet

Reaction score
Apologies from a silent voyeur, assumed you seek buyers not opinions.

Looks like a nice car from the parts I see, somehow I am missing the panoramic exterior and interior views that give you a feel for the car.
For 25k$ you may have to have the 5 speed installed, and some of the other details sorted out (toolbox, fan blower cover, delete spacers, replace the underhood foam). I like the wood, the stance, the cloth, and the wheels.

I love manual windows, the perfect combo is manual windows with electric door lock like my Volvo 240 had, my coupe is the opposite :(.

May get an extra 1k$ if the car comes with a story. Something spicy about the first owner, like made a fortune trading baseball cards but could not stand his daughter growing up with a California accent, so he packed the cards in the trunk and drove up to Canada for good.
Up to two weeks ago my intention is to keep the car and install the five speed during the coming winter season and sell my extra toolbox and tools. Now I need to keep one toolbox with tools for this car. My original plan is to lighten the car by deleting the inner layer of the hood, truck and hood support that's why I don't bother the foam. I take the fan blower cover out to take pictures. In my post I said I have a complete L-jet and five speed conversion ready for the car, It's up to the new owner when to install.

yellowbullet

Reaction score
If I were in the market for a coupe, I would be a little put off by all of the overspray in the engine bay. It indicates a respray to me but not a "restoration," even though there are receipts for $20K and it was 24 years ago, a lot can happen in that time. See the strut tops, painted clips and hood latches, etc. Exterior looks very nice though. This is the kind of car that needs a visual inspection perhaps by a prospective buyer?

I just dick up the log book for this car and it did said a full body restoration. I found people are very sensitive to the word "restoration". to me it all depend on how much one paid for the job , one could pay 35/hr, 50/hr , 75/hr..... twenty four years who knows this car will turn into a classic & collectible, beside back in those days people are not that fussy or picky about original and detail work like now,for one to spend $23,000 24yrs ago on a used car is a lot of money. He must love the car.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I agree, the prior owner must have cherished this coupe to spend that amount 24 years ago. Good luck with the sale.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The car looks interesting to me- if you are looking for comments, I would say that offering an ljet conversion has less value these days. I have only installed two in the last 4 years and then the owners wanted to convert to Motronic later.

Where is a pic of the ljet parts?
Why is there no mention of mileage?
Why no pic of the entire engine bay? The partial pic you did provide shows missing parts and a poorly positioned fuel line sitting on the valve cover.

This is all basic info and for $20,000 + you should provide it.

Also- automatric transmission cars take a hit in value. Carburated car with an automatic is not as desirable.

Maybe look at some of the other FS ads and see how they are put together?

Good luck to you!!

Don

yellowbullet

Reaction score
The car looks interesting to me- if you are looking for comments, I would say that offering an ljet conversion has less value these days. I have only installed two in the last 4 years and then the owners wanted to convert to Motronic later.

Where is a pic of the ljet parts?
Why is there no mention of mileage?
Why no pic of the entire engine bay? The partial pic you did provide shows missing parts and a poorly positioned fuel line sitting on the valve cover.

This is all basic info and for $20,000 + you should provide it.

Also- automatric transmission cars take a hit in value. Carburated car with an automatic is not as desirable.

Maybe look at some of the other FS ads and see how they are put together?

Good luck to you!!

Don

These are the pictures of the L-jet and 5 speed from a 1981 633csi. I didn't mention the mileage because it's a second engine(with proof) in very good condition. I pull the spark plug out this past weekend with good light tan color in all six cylinder(no trace of oil at all). I put less than a thousand miles on the car last year. If I remember the mileage on the second engine is around 60,000 miles. Thanks everyone for the comments. I think I'm going to keep the car and go ahead with the 5 speed conversion in the winter. I learn a lot from this selling experience. Next time I'll put everything together,wash,wax,polish,vacuum and lineup everything which I did nothing of the above this time. Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_4742.jpg
    IMG_4742.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_4743.jpg
    IMG_4743.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_4747.jpg
    IMG_4747.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_4748.jpg
    IMG_4748.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_4744.jpg
    IMG_4744.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 151

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Good luck with the plan and the conversion. As for pictures and presentation you can invite DeQuincey for a few days... His pictures are better than the Service Manual's.