Foam footwell

BarryG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nor*Cal - Rocklin, around the corner from Dan
I'm installing my carpet and I'm missing the Left / Drivers side foam. I've searched the forums with no luck. I can't find a pic so a size and location is what I'm after.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Barry,
If I recall correctly, Christoph in Germany offered them. His email is ([email protected]).
He is known to others on this forum too. NMNA other than he is a great guy to deal with and offers a variety of cool stuff!
Hope it pans out
Keshav

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Did you check w/ BMW? When I last looked about a year ago either that one or the passenger side, or both, were available.

afeustel

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Not trying to create work but I was thinking that a few thick blocks of that pink Styrofoam from the hardware store glued together would be fairly easy to shape for the footwell pieces. The keys is having a model to work from. Here are pics from the ratty piece I have for the drivers side. I do not have the piece for the passenger side so I plan to make one.

Drew

Attachments

• IMG_1956.JPG
    IMG_1956.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_1955.JPG
    IMG_1955.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_1954.JPG
    IMG_1954.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_1953.JPG
    IMG_1953.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_1952.JPG
    IMG_1952.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_1951.JPG
    IMG_1951.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 167

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i will try to take some pics of the passenger side tomorrow. its a bit bigger than the drivers side.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was thinking a plastic mold and expanding foam would do the trick. The foam (great stuff) doesn't really stick to plastic. You could run a coat of resin over it to hold it together if desired.

bcoli

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I received a piece of foam with the pile-o-stuff that i got when I purchased my CS, now I know what it is!
Thanks!

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
on my blue CS under restoration i found a complete one at the drivers side . On the passenger side there were 2 foam blocks with in the middle a amplifier for the radio....:(

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
on the drivers side Barry , i found more a hardboard profile with a thin foam glued under it ... not a foam block.
hope pics can show it ...

SAM_2352 (1).JPG

SAM_2353 (1).JPG
SAM_2354 (1).JPG