falz alpina model car

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
hi,

model car arrived well, thanks "dp", even though i had to pay taxes for it, unvelievable spanish gov. seems to need our kleine pocket money too ! :-(

just curious about how difficult it might be the challenge of building up this model, the model itself is very simple, few parts, but paint is a PITA, you will see why, definitely i am NOT a good painter !

BTW decals are shot, they completely destroy when submerged in wáter, but i found a solution that i must check:

http://www.microscale.com/Merchant2...e=MI-12&Category_Code=FINPROD&Product_Count=6

Last edited:

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Chamonix white with red seats? All you need to add inside is a small effigy of elegant Stan and you are done.

With a tiny needle you could carve a VIN. Stan will then ask you to add it to the register under Falz Wagen.

uffff....

good enough as a 10 feet model ;-)

loloe13

Reaction score
hey DG:
Good work! I have also built many models car when I was younger (likely more than 60 of them still sits in the old house), and I did use those Decal Film Liquid occasionally, they are better than just water for sure. However, I suspect with aged decals, some of them are just not repairable.
If you have trouble buying that liquid from that site, I can easily buy them here and send a bottle to you if you need, let me know. Gavin

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
hey DG:
Good work! I have also built many models car when I was younger (likely more than 60 of them still sits in the old house), and I did use those Decal Film Liquid occasionally, they are better than just water for sure. However, I suspect with aged decals, some of them are just not repairable.
If you have trouble buying that liquid from that site, I can easily buy them here and send a bottle to you if you need, let me know. Gavin

thank you very much gavin, i posted the details of the product, but i think that i will buy it locally here, yes it seems that they can not ship it by plane !
thank you very much for your help offer, i will tell you how it develops
regards

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Chamonix white with red seats? All you need to add inside is a small effigy of elegant Stan and you are done.

With a tiny needle you could carve a VIN. Stan will then ask you to add it to the register under Falz Wagen.

good point, if Stan sends me his effigy, scale 1/25, i promise to place it/him behind the wheel
as to the vin of the fake-falz wagen i am still figuring out,...:p

loloe13

Reaction score
in my mother´s house some pieces became missing,...nevermind

same experience with me! every time I go back to my parents' house, I will find bits of side mirrors, wipers and front bumpers fallen off my models cars. And of course, my parents always deny all responsibilities.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wheels looks disproportionately small.

If a designer made such a small scale mockup for the E9 project approval, the project may not have been approved.

DQ, the world needs your full scale metal projects.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
1/28 model kit with motor!

Loks nice.
I too use bought a model 3.0 CSL and have concerns about the decals.
So, other than "don't buy old models" what advice regarding the decals?
Stan

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Loks nice.
I too use bought a model 3.0 CSL and have concerns about the decals.
So, other than "don't buy old models" what advice regarding the decals?
Stan

hi stan, yes, in my first post of this thread i proposed a product that works ok to keep the integrity of the decals, you just paint the decals using the product aplying a thin uniform layer, and let the product dry

once this done, you trim the contour of the decals carefully and you submerge them in water as the usual procedure

the product keeps the decal in one piece while it comes off the support paper, but i found that the decal is now a bit stiffer so it does not adapt not as perfectly as it is supposed to the round shapes

as to the age of the decals i found that the glue is not very strong

...thus the result is not very perfect, as our wise arde expressed in a very delicate way, i should keep myself in the full scale projects ;-)

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wheels looks disproportionately small.

If a designer made such a small scale mockup for the E9 project approval, the project may not have been approved.

DQ, the world needs your full scale metal projects.

1/28 of 14".... you are accustomed to seeing larger! Would 1/28 of 18" look better to you?

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
1/28 of 14".... you are accustomed to seeing larger! Would 1/28 of 18" look better to you?

I am not sure if it is the rims or the tires but they look like training wheels.

Either that or my spleen stole my password and it has been writing negative stuff on my behalf.

Tierfreund

Reaction score
DQ, this is simply not the right scale for you to work on. Nothing to do with the age of the kit.

You need a 1/12 kit. Or 1/8.

or better yet a 1/1.

:mrgreen: