E9s at The Vintage today

dbower

Reaction score
At The Vintage event at Hot Springs, NC. Huge turnout of a wide variety of early BMWs (organizers had to cut off registrations) but fewer E9s than usual. Here are the E9s I saw. In order: Dennis Topper (VA), Phil Parkey (GA), Don Bower (GA), Doug Dolan (VA), John Holzscheiter (VT!) and Jeff Baker (GA). John and Melissa drove their recent restoration from Vermont. This car will be featured in Roundel next month.

IMG_6422.jpg
IMG_6423.jpg
IMG_6425.jpg
IMG_6426.jpg
IMG_6427.jpg
IMG_6428.jpg

Last edited:

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Very Cool. Got More photos?
I think Dohn Roush was on his way but his coupe broke down en route to The Vintage, saw a FB post about it.
So you should have had seven.

We had three today at Oregon Chapter BMWCCA Cars&Coffee.

That’s my Polaris, @vince ‘s beautiful Fjord and I forget the owner of the Chamonix. :rolleyes:
Help me out Vince.
IMG_2712.jpeg

IMG_2713.jpeg

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Sorry I missed you, Don. I missed a lot of folks; your car looked wonderful...Did get to say howdy to John Holtzscheiter and see his fresh and beautiful car from VT, and a nice visit with Doug Dolan, his shown with a nice bead pattern at the Clarion last night. Still love his beauty...could live with it comfortably/always a favorite....Also got to visit with Bjoe and Natalie and pup...thanks again Joseph. Hope everyone gets/got home safely. Great weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_0645.jpg
    IMG_0645.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 73

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Very Cool. Got More photos?
I think Dohn Roush was on his way but his coupe broke down en route to The Vintage, saw a FB post about it.
So you should have had seven.

We had three today at Oregon Chapter BMWCCA Cars&Coffee.

That’s my Polaris, @vince ‘s beautiful Fjord and I forget the owner of the Chamonix. :rolleyes:
Help me out Vince.
View attachment 162451
View attachment 162452

Thanks for posting John! Gary's forum hander is @73E9er. His car is a 73 and mine is a 72 and they are 10 serial numbers apart.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The Silver 1972 CSi belongs to Dennis & Erma Topper (VA). They used to live in Maine & moved to the Richmond area around 2007ish.

John & Melissa Holzscheiter live in St. Albans VT maybe 40 or so miles from Canada near Lake Champlain.

Doug Dolan won First in Coupe Class, People's Choice & Best of Show at Southeast SharkFest 2023.

70450882756__D387C93A-F4E5-47D0-B012-1F41DAC64FF9.jpeg