E9 m30 3.0 si 1973 injection problem

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well- if the #2 injector will click when you connect the #1 wiring to it you learned it’s not the injectors. Next time you know that you don’t have to send them in to be checked when you can do it your self. That’s progress!
Knowing that the relay controls the cold start injector and not the 3 injectors that are not working is progress.

Next- disconnect computer

you need to test if an injector or wiring on 2,4,6 is shorted to ground.

pull the connector out of injector #1
Set meter to ohms
find which wire is ground
test 2,4,6 for ground on that same wire

all grounded?

now-
test for ground at pin 5 and 7 on the computer plug with computer disconnected.

none grounded?

test 2,4,6 for short to ground at both pins of injector

none grounded?

Last edited:

Maciek98

Reaction score
Bro I don't decide to send them anywhere that's was client who wanted to check thems for debit test and others ...
and after that checking wire and injectors the problem is still there the car is still running half cylinder and you can't answer to my problem from the beggining

roundel

Reaction score
Think you should check the injector points in the bottom of the distributor, IIRC there are two sets of points so maybe one of those is not working or covered in oil....

Maciek98

Reaction score
Hello again new week starded for me in garage and I get new things and probably the solution for the problem of that car I command a pulsator inferior part of distributor i dont know how you said it in english photo bellow he is oxydated and coals are used

Attachments

• 20220419_175119.jpg
    20220419_175119.jpg
    320.1 KB · Views: 125
  • 20220419_175126.jpg
    20220419_175126.jpg
    379.1 KB · Views: 129

Maciek98

Reaction score
Yeah thanks !
my colegue make me do a mistake by telling me the distributor was new yes he is new but only the top part of it not the inferior part i will do a new post when I get the part and put the new back in it hope it will turn right !
But it was a pleasure to work on that car and see the old techonolgie ;)

roundel

Reaction score
Originally these points didn`t have the plastic protectors on them and so often got contaminated with oil causing problems. Mainly caused by people putting too much oil into the top of the distributor shaft under the rotor.....

Maciek98

Reaction score
So bmw cant provide a delay of finding that part do you know some shop or people from who we could get that part ?

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Barely used is 500.00 usd plus shipping.

very rare item …:

Attachments

• 7F6C85C6-E1E5-4477-A2B7-DD36659FAB14.jpeg
    7F6C85C6-E1E5-4477-A2B7-DD36659FAB14.jpeg
    308.7 KB · Views: 108

Maciek98

Reaction score
This one is what you sell ? If yes i will talk to my shop manager to see with you for that part do you have an email or something ;)

Maciek98

Reaction score
Hello

so i have news sice the last post
The pulse generator has arrived and change it
So i have all injectors signal now mesurments on oscilloscope

But the 5 cylinder is not running well
When I put out the node cable there is no engine speed diminution wile when i do that on the others the speed is lower
So i think that it was the cable
The cable had infinite resistant so I repare it
To have a resistance (cut the cable do a new jonction)
i also changed sparks from the cylinder 5 to 6 and the 6 to 5 the problem didnt migrate
So monday i think i will make compression mesurments again to compare if the 5 cylinder is good

Do you have any suggestions
Thank you

Maciek98

Reaction score
So compressions are good i will try to switch injector 5 with another one to see if something happens
Very strange this story

roundel

Reaction score
Would maybe help and be easier to change the injector wire with the next cylinder, if it will reach, just to eliminate any electronic problem.

Maciek98

Reaction score
Finally it works i changed injectors 5 to 1
1 to 5 and pluged injectors cable in the same way i think some were in the bad way and the engine is wotking on 6
Today was a good day ! ;)