E9 Front Seats

omerdundar

Reaction score
Hello. I am looking for a set of front seats for an E9 restoration project. The seats need to be shipped/delivered to the upholstery experts in Belgium. Thanks.

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I may have dismantled seats - steel frames, foam/horsehair, one backing panel. IF those are of interest (located in eastern USA), let me know and I'll check the storage area to verify.

Gary

omerdundar

Reaction score
I may have dismantled seats - steel frames, foam/horsehair, one backing panel. IF those are of interest (located in eastern USA), let me know and I'll check the storage area to verify.

Gary
Thanks for the message. Looking for a complete set at the moment (and preferably in Europe).

Steven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Sounds like you've got options, but I have a full interior set (front and rears) in blue from (I believe) a '73. They're located in Los Angeles, so shipping would be a beast, but it's a great set to start with.

ChasC

Site Donor
Reaction score
I need to know what is wanted, so I can first of all see if I have it, then take pix. Recognize that shipping will be very expensive.

Gary
HI - I am looking for a pair of front seats for a 1974 - Please let me know if you have a set. Thanks

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Reminder for interested parties. Precision avoided on the dates. :)

1969-ish: No alloy trim on seat back, tilt at seat hinge. No headrest or small diameter headrest posts. No “ears” on headrests. Verticals pleats.

1970-ish: Alloy trim on seat back. Tilt at seat hinge. No headrest or likely headrest with small diameter posts. No “ears” on headrests. Vertical pleats.

1971-ish: Alloy trim on seat back. Tilt at seat shoulder. No headrest or likely headrests with small diameter posts, no “ears” on headrests. Vertical pleats.

1973-ish: Alloy trim on seat back. Tilt at seat shoulder. Large diameter headrest post, with “ears” on headrests. Vertical pleats.

1974-ish: Alloy trim on seat back. Tilt at seat shoulder. Large diameter headrest post, with “ears” on headrests. Horizontal pleats.

Other considerations include the fasten seatbelts pressure sensor. Material selection, etc.

This is also covered in the “what changed” FAQ.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Here's my 1971 seats (however, car was built on 02/70):

recline lever down near the hinge.

Attachments

• 00n0n_frqVoU4il6E_600x450.jpg
    00n0n_frqVoU4il6E_600x450.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 76

ChasC

Site Donor
Reaction score
could you explain your "seams are sewn and not folded at the shoulder" comment?

coupesport

Newish Member
Site Donor $
Reaction score
1674596575674.png
The original leather cover of the front seat has side bolsters with no seams, as shown. The only seams are for the tuck&roll pleat channels. Also the bolsters are not shaped correctly - look at Rob teaheads side bolsters, they provide better pocket or bucket for you to sit in.

ChasC

Site Donor
Reaction score
That photo is helpful and thanks for the explanation - I understand now.

This folded instead of seams is for older 2800 models? I don't see this on new (1974) models. Is that correct?