E9 CSL Alloy bonnet - polaris silver

sprintevo

Reaction score
For sale on ebay - item number 130991050205

In storage for 13 years very good condition, no dents, creases or lumps, would need a light polish. Available in the UK but will look to export at the buyers cost in suitable packing looking for £6000 or nearest offer please. funds being used to restore the rest of the car

e9john

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just asking a high price does not mean it is worth that price or that a nos one would now be worth more just because a high price has been asked for a used one, but if its a must have and you have the money !!!
It is interesting to see that the seller possibly does not think having the original bonnet is that important to the integrity of the car. I've read that the transport crate used by BMW and the bonnet took 3 men to lift so export costs could be high. It is only worth what someone would be prepared to pay for it so good luck with the sale and with your restoration.

sprintevo

Reaction score
Alloy bonnet

I am using a CSi as a base for a group 2 replica so the integrity is not key as it never was a CSL. The bonnet is part of a cache of parts have been gathering for the build I have decided that an even lighter glass fibre one is more suitable and would allow the car to be used properly on track without the fear of it being too precious. Plus the money would pay for the necessary bodywork repairs and adjustments and the wheels. I can pack the panel in something more suitable than the original BMW crate to export. If you need more pictures please email me your address and requirement.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
how much do they cost from Mobile Tradition now?

sprintevo

Reaction score
Alloy hood

NLA still I believe. I have followed up the leads you outlined and these prices are for steel hoods/ bonnets

sprintevo

Reaction score
Alloy hood

Checked with BMW Mobile tradition and NLA. They can gets steelhod for the prices quoted above. So this is a one off all proceeds going back into the creatio of my group two replica

sprintevo

Reaction score
CSL Alloy Bonnet

Many hundreds of watchers but no buyers, so reduced the price to a bargain £5000 and is re listed on EBAY for this NLA part essential for any CSL restoration. Can arrange shipping to anywhere in the world,

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
No offense, but there needs to be a realistic pricing. A good condition alloy hood will probably fetch no more than $2500-$3000. Even if price is no object, about $8100 for a used CSL hood is just too much money. GLWS!

Polariscsl

Reaction score
Unfortunately I have to agree - at the end of the day there is already a well respected panel beater knocking out alloy skins for these so when it comes to price I think the above post is not far off. Many people like me a probably watching just to see if someone is desperate enough to pay the price.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'll say what the majority of readers are thinking,
5k euros is a ridiculous price,

think of it a different way,
between 10-20% of a great restorable CSL's value
for a hood?

nix

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I bet there is a CSL in a barn somewhere within 1000 miles and a pissed off woman who wants it gone. I just want the seats....I might sell the hood though.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
it is a fair price,
if you need it and you can afford it, you will just buy it
price is a subjective thing, it is not high or low, it is a match between two people, more precisely between two needs, the need of the part and the need of the money
yes, if expensive it might take more time, but if you can wait,...
i do not see anything wrong on it
...probably i think this way because i do not have a csl in need of a hood, though !:razz:

as bob cleverly says there is for sure a widow somewhere with an unmolested csl in the barn, as well as there is for sure a guy devoted to his csl that will pay ridiculous money to replace his damaged hood and does not know that there is one of those, almost inexpensive for him, here, ha, ha, ha,....

life is a cabaret....

Last edited:

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
as bob cleverly says there is for sure a widow somewhere with an unmolested csl in the barn..
life is a cabaret....

Dunno about that, I never been to a barn but according to the movie industry very few things go unmolested in barns.

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Reminds me of the widower asking me to remove a csl for free once - got all the way there and i couldnt get it out of the shed without a lot of tools and a tractor or the like to drag it out - it was the seaside and it was well gone but now the wheels/seats/steering wheel/arhces etc would be handy!

CSL462

Reaction score
For sale on ebay - item number 130991050205

In storage for 13 years very good condition, no dents, creases or lumps, would need a light polish. Available in the UK but will look to export at the buyers cost in suitable packing looking for £6000 or nearest offer please. funds being used to restore the rest of the car
Hi there,
I just noticed your ad for an alloy bonnet for the CSL, do you still have it?
Cheers
John