E9 at Bonham’s Amelia Island

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
pics look pretty good. i would thing that this should go for above 60k. car is numbers matching, looks very original ... looks straight, doesn't have the deformation that we see coming from typical rust issues. there aren't many money shots to prove the lack of rust issues .... but it seems clean. would be curious to see where this one shakes out.

dpdapper

Site Donor
Reaction score
Cloth interior on a car with US side marker lights? I thought all US cars came with leather. e9 registry shows it as a US car, so it isn’t an aftermarket federalization.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twistinglane

Site Donor
Reaction score
I don't recognize the seat cloth as being original fabric? Perhaps owner just liked cloth. I think it looks nice.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180304-065650.jpg
    Screenshot_20180304-065650.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 148

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Cloth interior on a car with US side marker lights? I thought all US cars came with leather. e9 registry shows it as a US car, so it isn’t an aftermarket federalization.

My car is a US spec car with blue vinyl seats. It was delivered in Frankfurt but probably to a US citizen who then brought it back. BTW, the seats are still in great shape after all this time.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I don't recognize the seat cloth as being original fabric? Perhaps owner just liked cloth. I think it looks nice.

The folks aren’t correct by the shoulders so it looks like a well done recover to me. Also, the cloth seats had vinyl and cloth on the headrests.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
....."and most importantly, the automatic transmission that accompanied the car as it left the factory was swapped out for a proper 4-speed manual box."

This hurts me. After driving a stick for 25 years in NY and in Boston, I welcome an automatic.