E9 AC Face Plate

Cos

Reaction score
Hello,
I have purchased this AC E9 face plate as shown a couple of years ago to use on car. It seems that the previous owner has enlarged the radio holes which i would like to restore back to the original radio dimensions.
I was wondering if any one has attempted to do any kind of welding on a genuine E9 face plate and can provide some advise.
Thank you, Costas

Attachments

• IMG_9560.jpg
    IMG_9560.jpg
    426 KB · Views: 130

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Your faceplate is from an e3 as it has seven slats vs six and is taller, you might want to find an original one instead.

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Cos,
I'm pretty sure I have a perfect and original e3 faceplate. If you are interested, let me know (with your direct email) via a 'Conversation', and I'll forward pix. $125 plus international shipping charges.

Gary

Cos

Reaction score
Hello Gary, Actually the one i need is for the E9 not for the E3. I was lucky enough to find one last week. Thank you for your offer.
What i really need now to complete the AC installation is the intermediate piece #13 in the photo, with or with out the side round vents.
Will be nice if you can help.
Thank you,
Cos

Attachments

• IMG_2596[4].JPG
    IMG_2596[4].JPG
    238.6 KB · Views: 117

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hello Gary, Actually the one i need is for the E9 not for the E3. I was lucky enough to find one last week. Thank you for your offer.
What i really need now to complete the AC installation is the intermediate piece #13 in the photo, with or with out the side round vents.
Will be nice if you can help.
Thank you,
Cos
The intermediate piece in your drawing 64/15 is for the E3. The side tubes feed the outlets at each end of the dash.

Cos

Reaction score
Yes you are correct. The shape of both e9 and e3 intermediate piece is the same except the site vent tubes on the e3 which can be closed. Either one will do, but my preference is to find one with out the side holes.