E3 Nose Cover/Bra

EJ333

Reaction score
Trying to go retro. Got a genuine New Zealand sheepskin that my mom bought on vacation decades ago, now using as a seat cover ( looks cool) by having the upholsterer punch two holes in the headrest mounts to keep it in place without elastic straps.
Now wondering if there were black vinyl nose covers/ bras available for e3s back in the day.

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I don't ever recall seeing any nose bras on 2002 E3 or E9 cars since I started paying attention to them (from 1984 or so).
Not to say they never existed, but... I can't recall seeing one. Thinking about what forward facing surface would be 'protected' - it makes sense that I can't recall seeing any. The noses of the BMW's of that era don't lend themselves to that style of protection..... IMO.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I had a bra for my '73 coupe in 1985. Bought from this company in AZ noted in the Registry passage, obvi no longer in business after that fad vaporized.

BRA - After putting 4 large in paint alone, I wanted protection up front, but not being aquainted
with the Hammer's, I embarked on a real odyssey to track down a Cs bra. There was a firm in
Montana that could do one, but it was a tad far to drive my car in for measurements from Ohio, so
the search continued, and eventually led to Design Fabricators, 2746 East Bell Rd.. Phoenix, AZ
85032, Telephone (602)971-7726, ask for Kay. They already had a pattern for aCS, andI was able
to order mine in white vinyl with black piping to complement my whiteblackout trim Cs. I screwed
up and neglected to mention that I had removed the front side reflectors, and uponreturning the
bra to Design Fabricators, the alteration was made for free by Kay and her wonderful staff of
needlemeisters. The price? $89.95 plus shipping. credit cards accepted. Ray sez they also do

car covers and other specialty canvas and vinyl work...give 'em a try!

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If someone made one today for an e9 I would buy solely for longer trips.
me too, I looked for one 13 years ago when I got my present coupe, tried to track down the people in AZ and had an ebay search for years, gave up.

ricsix

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've ever seen one installed on an old BMW... E3, E9, or 2002. Interesting!

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i wonder about using clear 'speed film' ... several companies make similar products. my cayman s had a 3m product installed on the front bumper cover and hood ... you could barely see it but it really protected against rock chips. the older films started to yellow a bit when they were 8 - 10 years old but newer products seem to be better. these are used a lot in the Porsche community due to the low / sloped hood. i think the best are made by Vvivid or 3m, there are several different products and i would recommend research before picking one. i might think about putting some on on the front end of my coupe