E3 Floorpans

e9allan

Reaction score
Is there any source for e3 floorpans? I can't find them anywhere. My driver's side is in need.

Thanks,

Allan

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
None that I know of. There are a bunch that have E9 pans, perhaps you can use one with modification.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
I am ready to break up a 2500 that for decades belonged to long-time members of the E3 crowd, known affectionately as "Wallis" after a bare metal respray some years ago it was never finished, and its time now to get it out of my yard (I need the room!) Kinda too bad but maybe good for you,car has a very solid tub and if you need whole sections or repair patches perhaps I can help...see if whats on Wallis will save another E3!
https://bmwe3registry.com/list/index.php?page=item&id=75

StephenZ

Site Donor
Reaction score
Is there any source for e3 floorpans? I can't find them anywhere. My driver's side is in need.

Thanks,

Allan
Are you jumping on your Bav? Rock n Roll!..:). I just realized it was you that has the FJ....man, I want that..LOL. the car disease is real!

Christoph

Reaction score
Like @bavbob said, and neither do I. In Germany you need friends who are willing to cut the panels out of their donor cars.

The front floor panels changed slightly in shape over time. The "tubs" around the drainage holes are a few cms longer on Series 1 than on Series 3 cars or maybe the other way round. As a 72, your car is Series 2. Cannot remember properly how it was nor when it changed which really upsets me. Anyway, general shape stayed the same. As long as you don't need the part under the driver's seat all should be interchangeable.

e9allan

Reaction score
Bavbob,
Trust me. It's a mess. Floor on one side. rear shock tower now has some. Rust through on the rear wheel wells and the C pillar. Rusty near the rear subframe mounts. On and on.

e9allan

Reaction score
Hey Chope,

How good is the body? Where is it? I maybe interested in the whole thing if it is restorable.