Reaction score
Im going to upholster my E3
1973 3.0S Bavaria,
Black interior
VIN 3100544

1- Which model applies to my car?
Screenshot 2023-08-25 at 7.48.51 AM.png

The car was reupholstered and looks like this:
Looks like 4 style with headrest 2 style….

Captura de pantalla 2023-08-29 a la(s) 2.51.43 p. m..png

Captura de pantalla 2023-08-29 a la(s) 2.53.11 p. m..png

Captura de pantalla 2023-08-29 a la(s) 2.54.21 p. m..png

alprada70

http://www.oilsdesigngroup.com/
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of the back of the front seat? Should this be seen? I do not think...
Captura de pantalla 2023-08-29 a la(s) 3.32.41 p. m..png

Last edited:

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
3.0S would be either -3- or -5- in your diagram

screenshot-2023-08-25-at-7-48-51-am-png.167411

StephenZ

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like they blended some options. Pretty sure you can just pick the one you like most? I've used them before and they're good about talking through what you need. Since headrests are pretty fixed, I imagine maybe your seats were originally #2 and they ordered different seat backs (horseshoe) when they did them..

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The way yours are upholstered now, they look like #4 to me...no horseshoe bottom or backrest. The difference being that yours has tucks in the backrest and #4 doesn't.

My July of 71 production 72 MY Bavaria 3.0 came to me with the original upholstery so it was easy to duplicate. #3...horseshoe bottoms, no horseshoe backrest. Their #3 shows tucks in the backrest, but mine arrived without tucks just like my originals. I assume the tucks can be put in at the time of installation if desired. I had mine installed without the tucks to match the originals.

img_3429_50334050153_o copy.jpg

img_4912_50843042022_o copy.jpg

I believe we do need Christoph to help determine the style yours came with originally. I think I have his email addy. PM me if you need it.

I'm not sure what part of the seat back you wanted a picture of. Here's mine. Let me know if you need something different.

IMG_9601.JPG

World has the embossing equipment to duplicate the unique embossing. I would think it would be the same for the 73 MY. The seats will then match the door panels if you are able to reuse them. If not, World will sell the embossed material by the meter.

IMG_9604.JPG

alprada70

http://www.oilsdesigngroup.com/
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thank you @Dick Steinkamp !!!
I did the door panels with a similar vinyl pattern, so I'll use the same vinyl on the seats...
Can you send me more photos: front headrest, rear headrest, rear seat with armrest open…etc.

I need a photo of the lower back of the chair.
Captura de pantalla 2023-09-05 a la(s) 1.35.47 p. m..png
Thank you..

Frederick

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
changing the direction but not the content, I received my order of vinyl from WU. Also ordered and received door panels, which were pricey. they say this is their Bavaria stamped door panels. Don't fit the 2002 so maybe for CS. They seem very confused. Will refund $ They apparently can not make Bavaria door panels.
I have plenty vinyl, both plain and waffle, but no "lines".
not sure what my options are.
door panel.jpeg
door panel 2.jpeg

Frederick

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The front of the Panels are made up of three sections: waffle material, the smooth vinyl, and the lined part. I can’t 61 inch lines on the front door panel. WU apparently has a press that heats these three sections together to form one. WU does not make just the lined part. So I have two of the three sections.
I’m aware that Alvaro makes the cardboard fracking, I do not need that. Is he telling me? Álvaro, do you also make the vinyl side as well?

Frederick

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I swear, even after I write it and read it gets changed!!
It should read “I count 6 ,1 inch lines.”

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Could you just stitch the lines? Unless you had it right next to a heat pressed line no one would know the difference.