e24 Clutch and Brake Pedal Assembly

QtheGenius

Reaction score
I have a clutch and brake pedal assembly from an early e12 boxed and ready to go. This is what you need if you wish to convert from an auto to manual gearbox. Straight with no rust. $75 plus shipping.

Last edited:

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Question

Does the early e24 (1981) pedal assembly work in the e9? I thought Carl said it could not but I may be wrong as I usually am. I am told that the early e24's use the e12 chassis. All these EEEEE's- it's confusing. (when is an e24 an e12?) Too bad Frank Gorshin's not still alive!

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I found out the hard way. These boxes have the 74 style huge return spring, not a problem per se, but, the pedals are offset too far to swap them into an existing e9 auto pedal box without surgery to shorten and lengthen the shafts that the pedals hang from. A member here made a set and the clutch pedal won't align with the clutch master.

I don't know if the whole box and pedals will work though, Carl would know.

QtheGenius

Reaction score
Does the early e24 (1981) pedal assembly work in the e9? I thought Carl said it could not but I may be wrong as I usually am. I am told that the early e24's use the e12 chassis. All these EEEEE's- it's confusing. (when is an e24 an e12?) Too bad Frank Gorshin's not still alive!

Yes, these will technically work, but you will have to do some modification to get them to work. Please research the process and see if you want to do it yourself or have a shop do it for you before purchasing.