Dreaming

pamp

Reaction score
After the fall of the wall, this left many artisans out of work. What comes to mind is the available cobra body....built in a former MIG factory. This is cool stuff. Perfect to the degree required of aviation...way better than than the boys at AC ever thought. Amateurs really in comparison, my apologies to my UK friends, not meaning to offend. Most of my euro pals use Slav. body guys.
This being said, what would be the market for a complete body shell, E9... I guess not original, but like the cobra... I would back this.
I feel that Karman sucked. So many rusted...who has the dies?

Last edited:

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Interesting idea, would Munich sue them though? Probably not unless they badge it as a BMW.

Has a very deja-vu feeling from my pre-war BMW 327 reading. After the end of WWII Russia controlled the BMW factory in Eisenach and re-started production. Quality allegedly went down, a sad reflection on reality given that the higher quality version used slave labor. BMW Munich sued and forced the name change to EMW for the "Russian" built 327s. England took the 327 design as war reparations and started making its own version as Bristol.

bmw327

Reaction score
Has a very deja-vu feeling from my pre-war BMW 327 reading. After the end of WWII Russia controlled the BMW factory in Eisenach and re-started production. Quality allegedly went down, a sad reflection on reality given that the higher quality version used slave labor.

Much of the quality seen in these cars is in the materials used to make them. The steel is both heavy (1-mm) and of very high quality, the leather is also quite robust. A significant percentage of the 1937-41 production run survives. There were about 1400 made in total and I believe that more than 200 remain. Mine is #237 and will be going out for metal work for the first time in at least 50 years after the new year.