Donde esta me antenna?

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
1973 euro 3.0 cs. There is nothing to indicate where the antenna is/goes. I know some have Hirschmann mounted pass rear near the gas neck and others have it on the front driver fender. Knocked around and looked around, nothing to indicate where it was. NB: I do have a radio. Antenna wire runs towards trunk but does not look original.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If you want retractable, use the rear fender. Driver side electric antenna there is more room, that is where mine is. Just place it at a bit of an angle so bottom can be strapped near trailing edge of wheel well..

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Mine's rear in the driver side too but never hooked it up. My Blaupunkt Frankfurt is run to a bluetooth receiver, so no need for a working antenna.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There was no standard, antennas and radios were installed at the dealer to the budget of the buyer. The Becker manual has the diagram to install the antenna in the driver side front fender where mine is, but I also think driver side trunk with a slight angle looks better.

But was electric standard on a 73 euro?

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
There was no standard, antennas and radios were installed at the dealer to the budget of the buyer. The Becker manual has the diagram to install the antenna in the driver side front fender where mine is, but I also think driver side trunk with a slight angle looks better.

said so, even though tye manual has an specific chapter

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just to show it being non-standard, my May 73, 3.0 CS auto has it's antenna mounted on the drivers side rear quarter panel ....

Attachments

• 20150615_213609.jpg
    20150615_213609.jpg
    514.9 KB · Views: 68

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just strange. Black rubber antenna and cable are just sitting in the trunk, cable around the driver's side rear seat. No drilled holes anywhere. Maybe the P.O. just listened to the radio when the trunk was open while tailgating at a Seahawks game.

m_thompson

Reaction score
If you look at the inside of the driver's side front fender, at the rear top you should see a reinforcing piece with a hole in it. That is where I installed my antenna.

Last edited: