Dog Leg transmission for sale on eBay, NOS

giannicsl

Reaction score
f7ec53120472b3ae9e63b0084f1d3c12.jpg

giannicsl

Reaction score
occasionally a run outside the city, with friends in 911, alfa montreal or gtv 2000 and more
no .. now on the track
I do not have the skills
my old woman is almost 45 and I respect her:cool:

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have the bushing replaced with bronze/aluminum alloy
-4 mm is right but easier to replace the knuckle

Wladek

Reaction score
Are you confirming me that it's a very aggressive getrag?
Final gear ratio on 5th gear in Getrag 262 (265/5) 5-speed gearbox (dogleg) is the same (1:1) as on 4th gear in standard e9 Getrag 262 4-speed gearbox.
So, as you can assume - top speed will be the same, but acceleration above 60-80km/h will be little bit better in Dogleg, because higher gears are shorter & will better use engine torque in higher rpm. But in normal driving changing gears will be more often.

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Had this same pattern in my Porsche 928's. At the same time, had an Alfa with the 'standard' pattern. Wasn't a problem, however, as the cars were SO different. No gate, but I drove about 10K track miles with the 928, and didn't miss any shifts (of course, really only using 3-4-3 shifts 99% of the time, as 140 mph was the limiter in 4th, and lots of torque from the V8 in 3rd). As an 'old codger' I was there to enjoy the day, then drive the car to the motel/home, not racing for any prize.

Wladek

Reaction score
Had this same pattern in my Porsche 928's. At the same time, had an Alfa with the 'standard' pattern. Wasn't a problem, however, as the cars were SO different. No gate, but I drove about 10K track miles with the 928, and didn't miss any shifts (of course, really only using 3-4-3 shifts 99% of the time, as 140 mph was the limiter in 4th, and lots of torque from the V8 in 3rd). As an 'old codger' I was there to enjoy the day, then drive the car to the motel/home, not racing for any prize.
All great, but i wouldn't compare 320hp v8 (with technology from 80's) to 200hp r6 (with technology from 70's) - Getrag 265/5 (dogleg) will just better use any M30.

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Belgiumbarry,
I'll give it a try! Picture taken at the climbing esses going up the back stretch at Watkins Glen (old USA Formula One track) about 10 years ago. Car was stock except for suspension tweeks (lowering springs/HD sway bars). The car's torque made driving uphill such as this part of 'the Glen' a LOT of fun. Helga didn't like slow corners as well as the 911's did, however.

Gary
Climbing S's at the Glen, 5-07.jpg

Last edited: