Does an E9 m30 have a sandwich plate? Between G/box and Engine?

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
hmmmmmmm:?? There is a strong likelihood that we have one of the those infamous wacky English descriptions like "Boot" "petrol" and "Bonnet"

The South Sandwich Plate or Sandwich Plate is a minor tectonic plate bounded by the subducting South American Plate to the east, the Antarctic Plate to the south and the Scotia Plate to the west.

Last edited:

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Just the plate that goes on the bottom to cover the opening. It also provides the notch where the slave cylinder notched washer lines up in. But I'm only sure about the early manual trans..

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Mmmm! Sandwich plate!

020674AA-8FA5-4179-ADF8-5E9B2D8BAE78.jpeg

James Poulter

Reaction score
Do you have an automatic, it would have a flex plat, just guessing here.
Thanks for the help, for some reason I missed seeing that on the look up.
Just the plate that goes on the bottom to cover the opening. It also provides the notch where the slave cylinder notched washer lines up in. But I'm only sure about the early manual trans..

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Does DANG ever laugh? :)
Only at myself. Joking around is always encouraged, but since I wasn't sure if Mark and Don knew James personally I thought I'd play it safe. I'd hate for newer members, or long-time members for that matter, to hesitate to ask questions if they feel they may get made fun of. The vast majority of members don't post on the forum.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
sandwich plate usually refers to a plate that goes in between the oil filter housing and the oil filter so that you can tap into it for say, additional sending units, turbo oil feeds, etc.

MRP_Thermostatic_Oil_Filter_Sandwich_Plate_grande.jpg

day66

Reaction score
I think I’d call it the “backplate“ but there isn’t a removable plate on the M30 - gearbox just mates direct to the block.