Did you know this about the carb CSL

CSL 1973

Reaction score
As regards the pic from the factory, the two columns to the right contains cars ready for delivery. At the top right (upper right corner), there is another Inka CSL.

The left column contain cars which should go through a final check-up before delivery. As you can see there is a mix of cars in different colors. This is because of the contracted client orders. As a consequense, the cars are not in a chronological VIN order at this stage.

It's correct, that the car with the big plate is aimed for the Italian market.

Cheers

/H

CSL 1973

Reaction score
CSL Vs. "Secura" and "Miglia".

At an office party a while ago, I was asked to provide a quiz question for the heading "Daily life - valuable knowledge".

I proposed the following question:

"When the first BMW light weight prototype, based on the E9 CS model and produced by Karmann in May 1971, was presented - the name of the light weight was still not yet decided. What were the two working-names that BMW's internal marketing department was considering for the E9 light weight version?"

Correct answer is: "Secura" and "Miglia". However, these two names were abandoned for the more straight-forward "CSL".

Nobody at the office party did answer in a correct way (or even understood the question).

For the upcoming party, nobody has asked me to provide any questions ...

Cheers

Henric

Last edited:

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Geez, I wonder why? I had forgotten about this thread- thanks for refreshing it Henric.

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Early CSL hub?

Do you know which hub is the correct one for a carb'd CSL with the original Alpina/MOMO wheel?

Attachments

• IMG_1057.jpg
    IMG_1057.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_1056.jpg
    IMG_1056.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 160