Decent CSi on eBay

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
VIN plate moved when tar pads were removed and the underside does not look as well cared for as the body but it certainly looks very nice..

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I've read this story before... he must have offered it previously and remember thinking the same thing as now- hard car to put a value to.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
VIN plate moved when tar pads were removed and the underside does not look as well cared for as the body but it certainly looks very nice..

That first picture in the Ebay set does the car well. It almost looks stretched horizontally as the coupe looks really sleek.

grbbenny

Reaction score
Continental Autobody was certainly the premier shop in Calgary at the time this car received its work in the mid-80s.

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have seen this car in person and was concidering buying this June of 2016. I decided to Pass after inspecting it all around. He was asking 50k then and didn’t want to come down on his price.The paint job by now is 14 years old or so but heading up very well with few bubbles that has not worsened in many years according to the owner and the painter that did the work then. I inspected it at the painters’ Shop . The owner is a very nice man. He is retired and has few classics he want to sell some. He owned it for close to 20 years I think. For the last few years , don’t remember how long, he has had the car stored in a climate control Garage of premises. If you have any questions let me know.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
How was the underside?

CS market is weird, but generally, these cars are on the upswing. 3 years ago, this would be a $35k car. Now? Well...we'll see what it goes for.

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
How was the underside?

CS market is weird, but generally, these cars are on the upswing. 3 years ago, this would be a $35k car. Now? Well...we'll see what it goes for.
Well , i was ready to pay for the car what he was asking that is why I made plans to go to Calgary (and also make a vacation with Wife too). All photos were good ecouraging , and all details that I was told was heartwarming... the car has had a great paint job done on it . But all and all it wasn’t what I was looking for . I thought I was paying top dollar for a top shape car. Let’s say it wasn’t as top as I thought it was before I saw close up. If You are intrested PM we can talk about it. I think I still have his number here somewhere...
Cheers
Tony P.

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am the proud owner of the car subject of this thread. As I write this, the car is on its way from Calgary, Canada to its new home in Austin, Texas. I own a classic car restoration company so I can guarantee that the car will get whatever care it needs.

I have always felt that the person one is contemplating buying a car from is just as important as the car itself, and in this case, the previous owner of 30 years is an absolute gentleman.

I have allocated a page on my website where I will document any work I do to the car, and I have already posted several photos for anyone who is interested. I have also started buying all sorts of parts and upgrades for the car, even before it arrives...which is a bit of an affliction of mine

Anyway, that's about it for now. Check the car out at: http://www.classicjaguar.com/cj/bmwcsi.html

Regards to all,

Dan Mooney
Classic Jaguar

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Absolutely agree.
I hope some of you will serve as character witnesses when my estate sells my E9...

Congratulations!

I have always felt that the person one is contemplating buying a car from is just as important as the car itself, and in this case, the previous owner of 30 years is an absolute gentleman.