D-jet trouble shooting

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
I wish you didn’t show me this link- VBG, now I have to study this and do a deep dive into the D-jet, thanks.......LOL.
You can follow me...my D-jet has been eluding any solution to a bad running problem...rebuilt MAP, new coil, FP OK, new throttle PCB, pulse generator OK, CSV OK, nothing. I have put in new injectors and expect to get everything back together soon. Hopefully it will work, if not, back to Webers. VBG?

Bwana

Reaction score
Got my CSi back from a "reputable" SoCal engine rebuilder but I think they totally screwed up the D-Jet setup. It has a real strange idle behavior. It appears that the throttle switch is not where it should be. You can see in the picture it's all the way to one end of the adjustment slot. Pictures and instructions found elsewhere (including pictures of my original throttle switch position from before the engine rebuild) show it to be around mid-slot or so. Also, I understand you can hear a slight "click" with a stethoscope when the throttle is moved to just off the idle position. I can't hear anything like a click. I also saw in the instructions where the resistance goes from 0 to infinity when the switch correctly comes off the idle position.

So my questions are:

Which of the pins on the throttle switch do I use to measure the 0 to infinity with my ohm meter? The Blue Books say to hook up the test machine but doesn't mention which pins are being checked.

About how many turns out should the idle adjustment screw be turned out to start with? I haven't checked mine yet but no telling where the screw might be if they tried to compensate for the throttle switch being out of position.

Attachments

• 20240317_141659[1].jpg
    20240317_141659[1].jpg
    501.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 20240317_141752[1].jpg
    20240317_141752[1].jpg
    374.4 KB · Views: 17

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
bottom two spades on TPS are closed at idle and open with throttle
Turn your idle screw at base of throttle body until idle is 1000 rpm when engine is warm.
Car will idle with TPS disconnected.