D-Jet injectors

axco

Site Donor
Reaction score
Is there a way to identify the proper D-Jet injectors without having to remove them. I suspect different injectors were installed when a 3.3 motor was installed.

lloyd

Reaction score
"Proper" is a relative term. Assume you are referring to original equipment. (Some might label upgrades and performance modifications to be proper too.)

Original equipment:

Plastic part of the injector is typically blue with an ending part number of "043" or "036."

inj12.jpg

Simple two prong electrical connection similar to the yellow injector. Note that the other examples have extra plastic tabs/guides/lockouts and are dimensionally dissimilar.

inj17.jpg

http://e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=312

hth

Tom2240

Reaction score
I have a few sets of new in the box 0 280 150 036 injectors if you need them, or anybody else ? nice Christmas present for you Coupe made a huge difference to the running of my djet system

axco

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks, lloyd and sfdon, my injectors have a blue top and the Bosch number is 0 280 150 003. I went back the the tread lloyd sent and the performance of 003 is very close to 043 on the performance chart. I was hoping I could blame the injectors for the horrible cold running performance and the poor gas mileage. As for the poor cold running performance, I removed and checked the auxiliary air regulator for function and tested temperature sensors and everything checked out fine. As for the poor gas mileage, I know I'm running rich, I can't get the CO under 4% and I can't adjust the idle speed at the throttle body. Once the car has warmed up however, it's running great.

axco

Site Donor
Reaction score
sfdon, I did check and adjusted the switch position of the TPS with a Bosch EFAW 228. While I had this instrument I checked other sensors as well. The MPS I cannot check myself. The workshop manual says that the MPS is matched to the control unit and the match is identified with a color dot. In my case that is not true. Next, I will send the MPS to Fuel Injector Corp. in your area and have them check it out

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Did you check your fuel pressure?
Did you adjust your cold idle mixture at the ecu?
Try turning the knob a couple positions.
You can check a mps for vacuum integrity.

OZCSi

Reaction score
Can anyone show me a pic of the standard d jet injectors in their own engine as they should be fitted. I have got a set of injectors and the required rubber boots and when installed the injectors feel too loose. As if the rubber boot is not tensioned enough.
Engine is a 3.0csi standard.
Like all these jobs....it is simple but why push on if you have any doubt. Your help is appreciated.

Ozcsi.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Do you have both rubber pieces?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 187

OZCSi

Reaction score
Yes I do and also have the metal cups that go under the large rubber donut. These aren't shown in pics It just feels like it needs a shim under top washer shown in your pic to put more pressure on large rubber donut fitted half way up injector. Sorry for being a bit pedantic but it's not an area that I want to return to for sake of not checking. In some parts pages it shows the metal cups appear to be above this large rubber....in blue books etc it is a bit hard to establish. Your help is sincerely appreciated. We are all experienced, but some people have areas of expertise and this is why I love forums like this.

Ozcsi

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
BTW- I'll be at the shop tomorrow, I have 3 csi's sitting there.
Give me a call.

OZCSi

Reaction score
Thanks a heap. Yes the w and n pic is what I have . D jet style. I have ordered the bits as a set from w and n and just waiting for them to re open after Xmas. If you know a source in USA that would be great as I can super mega platinum dhl freight them sooner.

Pm me your phone number if you can and I will try to call and work out time difference with Australia, again many thanks

Andrew

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Im at the shop from 10-4 most days. West coast California time. I imagine you are +14 hours or so.
Sent you a pm.

12doplumbing

Reaction score
Sfdon: where do I find new injectors, the correct wiring lead, and any other replaceable D-Jet parts?
I have to take the whole manifold off, too, don't i? Grrrr
Easier than the swap you described, though. Thought I'd learn my way around this original engine, try to get her running like a champ before going the M30B35 route I was originally on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 127

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Talk to Robert jr at fuel injection corp in Tracy

12doplumbing

Reaction score
Awesome. Thank you.
Got her torn down a little... Thought I'd order a new starter too, since I've got easy access and what's in there is sure to be from the early eighties or older...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 114