CSL in Newport Concours Article

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
I happily sold my Heuer Autavia ref.2446 when this whole classy business took off. It's Valjoux 72 movement was found in the earliest Rolex Daytonas (then became Zenith) which, by the way, was also found in the Sears "Tradition" line of watches. Marketing made the difference. Commenting on the article: Kudos to the photographer who patiently waited for maybe hours to get that action shot of the guy tuning his classic car who happened to be wearing that watch. That is impressive.

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I will be showing a 1952 Nardi in a class of Etceterini that should be interesting. I will be wearing Timex Ironman.
LOL - The last day I wore a watch was the last day before lockdown (March 5, 2020 - or whenever that was here in Seattle). Breitling Aerospace...

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Scott - we know it will be tough competition, but we wish you well.
I won't win anything, but will be fun to meet the other owners. And this summer Mario has offered to take me to the track in NH to drive the car in anger for the first time. It's been in hibernation for 10 years, and he is reviving it to make it safe and driveable.

@lip277 , I am still a working stiff, so I have to wear a watch to keep on time.