csi in SF

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Darth Vader, your car is ready

I like the detail. Carbon fiber is not for me but seems well executed
Not hard to fit the missing trunk panels and buy a tool box from BMW.
Might be a good buy!
Someone needs to look close up

dave1276

Reaction score
Love it!

I've to say...I love the Resto Mod look on the E9 when done correctly. I know this site is full of purist...and nothing wrong with that...but I like the tasteful creativity. Would never have thought of carbon fiber...but love the look.

Good luck to you!

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
For sale on eBay two years ago, maybe same dealer.

"The motor upgrade was performed by Don Lawrence." Now that is street cred!

pamp

Reaction score
I am surprised the guy is selling....all the $$$ and shop time involved and personal touches, what the hell, drive it! I have a steering wheel in my stash identical to that one if anyone is interested.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
details details

So the guy spends mega bucks but ...
Look at the fuel lines on that undercarriage shot. And is it THAT hard to use the right screws on the outer rocker cover (mismatched, one's rusty, one's missing on the driver's side, etc.)

Does that need the handbrake upgrade (it's nearly touching the driver seat)?

Seat cushions have no "dish" to them at all, which looks like someone just layered up foam on the canvas without bothering to sculpt in side bolsters per original seat contour.

And ... look at the pic that shows the underside of the headrest "bars" What is that, a piece of aluminum screwed into the underside to hide the leather seam?

Seriously, overall a very nice car that ought to do very well on the auction.

John

SHIMBIMMER

Reaction score
Carbon

I'm actually surprised how much I like the carbon fiber work. It definitely sets it apart and not as shocking as I thought it would be. My own CSi is fairly original - but I could see liking this as a driver.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i have a black coupe with chrome vents and a tan interior ... which i like a lot. but i have to say that i like the black interior, black grilles and i think the carbon fits on a black on black. i'm surprised ...

waynesie

Reaction score
the headrests might be from 2002 seats, or 2800cs seats. The seats in a 2002 have the metal strip all the way across the bottom and are a straight pad, no contour.

Victor

Reaction score
Headliner sunroof trim

Can anyone confirm if the chrome retainer trim around the sunroof is original to these cars.
If it is then it will add to the list of little bits I am missing.
Not sure if I like the look though.

Last edited:

tightbox

Reaction score
Lots of interest in this one now that it has hit BAT. Not sure the price is justified without better info on the rust treatment this received prior to its beautiful paint job!

Anyone know who did the resto? Was it done locally?

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if the chrome retainer trim around the sunroof is original to these cars.
If it is then it will add to the list of little bits I am missing.
Not sure if I like the look though.

No, it is not and I just don't like the looks. Another issue with the sunroof is the exterior felt seals, they are mounted incorrectly. Should be seating flush with the roof.