CS parts supplier recommendation

Aussie3.0CS

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend or otherwise the BMW CS parts supplier CSI inc in Commercial Street Pomona, CA? I am restoring a BMW 3.0 CS and everything seems reasonable... can anyone tell me their experiences with this supplier? Thanks.

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
You are speaking of 2002AD's sister supplier,
where I will be tomorrow picking up a very
scarce Sachs cooling fan, for my e24.

2002ADLO.jpg

Sometimes a price cannot be set on acquiring what you need for your Coupe...

photo2.jpg

...say a RHD bezel clock? They be ok in my book.
http://www.2002ad.com/

Edited to say at first I thought this character was scavenging parts for his project

Scavenge.jpg

but later realized he's actuallly probably in his own backyard and just beginning...
Picture9-2.png

what may be a really really lengthy 2000CS restoration process!

....one'e gotta admire the perserverent Brits!

Last edited:

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
For what my opinion is worth I would definitly recommend Carl and La Jolla Independent for coupe parts. I used to get my parts from 2002AD for years when they were still located in Sun Valley and I think Leif was his name used to work there. After he left the place completely changed. It went from enthusiasts trying to help you to guys with not much knowledge trying to make as much money as possible on used parts. I did call them a couple of times after they moved with parts requests and must say the prices for coupe parts were rediculous and their knowledge on CS coups was almost non existent that is if they answered their phone to begin with. I live about 20 miles from 2002AD yet made a trip to La Jolla which is about a 110 mile drive to get my parts from Carl. His prices are very fare, much less than 2002AD and more importantly his knowledge of coupes is amazing.

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Ditto those remarks LJ Independent although if you must know they are really more in Pacific Beach!

Chris there at La Jolla Independent has been very helpful in all respects. I drove there last weekend to browse around and upon my return (I lived in La Jolla for 10 years after attending UCSD) stopped by the infamous Black's Beach (nudist) for a run with my old dog and a dip in the ocean with jst my old Churchhill's on my feet.....only to be dragged out by the local constabulatory an hour of blissful bodysurfing later...and threatened within an inch of incarceration for being so oblivious to the (tagger overpainted) signs exclaiming that NO dogs were now allowed... what? to view the naked tourists?...they said nope...we have a NO tolarance policy against those folks that ignore the rules...and he started to write a ticket.

"Oh yeah?" I relplied and dove back into the ocean, my dog in tow and we swam off to the state beach to the officer's chagrin...and onto La Jolla's city beach where the chaps juristiction was about as significant as the few gum wrappers that floated nearby...

Here doggy doggy!

:mrgreen:

Just a little La Jolla surfing color ....

wazza.csi

Reaction score
E9 Coupe parts

Hi Aussie 3.0
I have a BMW parts import bussiness in New Zealand and can supply any parts you need still available new, I also have a 1972 3.0CS parts car and quite a few used parts also available. Just PM me with what you need and I will see what I have.
Cheers Warren