Coupe spotting - Silicon Valley

Erik

Site Donor
Reaction score
Coupes pop up when you least expect it... stopped in for a sandwich out of our local 109 degree heat here, and when I had finished my meal I noticed a straight looking coupe pull up.

Chatted with Steve from Saratoga a bit about his baikal blue '70 2800 for a minute, particularly about the wire wheels on the car. He said he believed they were part of a "California package" available new from the dealer along with sunroof and a/c.

He said the wires were Borrani "knock-offs", which I took to mean copies, and then noted that he reckoned the wheels were probably worth more than the car. At this I looked closer and saw that they were indeed original Borrani knock-off wheels from the era as seen on various Ferraris etc.

Not a bad look on the coupe either.... pity I forgot to take a camera photo.

Steve, if you're on here, good to meet you, and see you around town. And BTW, your rear resonator might need a new hanger, - it looks like its ready to get yanked off by the next speed bump. Just fyi.

pj

Reaction score
Erik, whats up buddy, I have seen that coupe in passing ,the wire wheels don't look bad at all.Classy even!
Who owns the white hot rod coupe in Aptos/watsonville area?

Erik

Site Donor
Reaction score
Heyyyy PJ,

Good to see your name come up.... but I'm a little confused, - I thought you were the owner of the white-hot rod-coupe over there in Aptos, no? :D

cheers

pj

Reaction score
Erik
To tell the truth I was hoping Chip Foose had picked my car up for Overhauling, dude I nearly had a wreck,I was driving my big ass truck and he was coming out of the Gas station in the village, I seen a lowered white coupe with not me driving,(looked a little harder and seen the silver wheels phew)wacked on the brakes and was going to chase him down . Now I am just wondering who it was and where it lives.

Erik

Site Donor
Reaction score
That's funny.... I confess I too have actually experienced that little shot of excitement now and again at seeing a truly nice coupe on the road and have only once chased down the owner - beautiful fjord csl that used to live in town here.

That car you saw might actually belong to a guy who lives over in Monte Sereno on this side of the hill. I picked up my wheels and tires cheap in homage to his set up, - I would never have know they'd fit otherwise. So if he was running RC's, that's him.