Coupe Spotting - Baltimore

bimmerboy73

Reaction score
Saw a burgundy colored 73 3.0 in Baltimore today driving up Charles street at around 1130am. The car looked pretty good... nice paint, staggered alpinas. And the driver was pushing it pretty good. Was it you gkb?

gkb

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yup

Good call.

The weather was relatively warm (~45) for Baltimore (I still have 20W50 in) and I knew I had a mid-day errand so I drove the e9 to work (my historic insurance with American Modern Home via USAA lets me occasionally drive to work!).

A great day for an Italian tuneup. I have a triple side draft Weber set-up (courtesy of the benevolent PO) like you do with Stahl headers so I don't need a radio.

Great fun. Reminds me that I should do it more often. I am still up for the Spring BaltoWash get together.

Cheers.

tmason

Reaction score
You make us jealous! I'm hoping to get my out this weekend whether pending. I want to see what the new look looks like in natural light. Wheels painted,passenger mirror installed,Hella 700 lights mounted and yes custom mud flaps installed all six of them[Slaab look].Trying to figure out an easier way of posting photo's. Tim

bimmerboy73

Reaction score
Figured it had to be you. Saw you initially turning onto St Paul from University - and you were moving at a pretty good clip! It took a second to register what i was seeing. I actually stalked you for a bit and snapped a video clip ( happened to have my camera on me). I was hoping you might stop for gas at Eddies on Charles but you kept on moving and then left me when you stomped on the gas to beat the red light at Northern Parkway. Your car has some pretty good 'scoot' to it - put a smile on my face. Cant wait for Spring!

Good call.

The weather was relatively warm (~45) for Baltimore (I still have 20W50 in) and I knew I had a mid-day errand so I drove the e9 to work (my historic insurance with American Modern Home via USAA lets me occasionally drive to work!).

A great day for an Italian tuneup. I have a triple side draft Weber set-up (courtesy of the benevolent PO) like you do with Stahl headers so I don't need a radio.

Great fun. Reminds me that I should do it more often. I am still up for the Spring BaltoWash get together.

Cheers.

Attachments

• DSC00095.jpg
    DSC00095.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hey Baltimore!
There are a number of coupes lurking North of the Mason Dixon Line who might be willing to venture Sherman-Like into the Deep South, ie Baltimore, for a Spring gathering.

At the same time please start thinking about pushing North to Bucks County for or both local car shows. The first in New Hope, PA in mid-August. The second is down the road in Buckingham PA in mid-Sept.
There are 10 + coupes within 75 miles of me and hopefully at least half will show for one or both of the shows.

Steve

gkb

Site Donor
Reaction score
That would be a great drive

Steve,

Bucks County would be a great drive (having spent some time in Phila and being born in PA). I remember last year I put New Hope on my calendar but something came up. Keep us informed when you learn more - I presume the schedule may actually be out by now, so if you know and can pass it on that would be great.

Greg