Coupe Spotting Baltimore - Golf CS

gkb

Site Donor
Reaction score
Saw a beautiful golf CS driving north on 83 exiting on Ruxton Road - he was moving at a good clip. I followed (in my wife's 335) and honked and got a wave. Anyone here?

I was impressed he was out driving - no snow on the roads, but still a lot of residual salt (Baltimore likes to have the salt/snow ratio close to 1 so with the 20 inches a week ago they used a lot!).

Happy New Year!

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
not me....

Just curious - could this be the Bimmerbrothers' Golf coupe? I was always interested in that one. I heard/read somewhere that it was sold to the East Coast, possibly Maryland.

gkb

Site Donor
Reaction score
Probably so

It is no longer posted on Evan's site but if I remember it was in great shape, had gold basketweave wheels (?BBS) and was a CS not a CSI. This describes the car I saw. Golf is an unusual color for a "regular" CS (not that any of our cars are regular); I have seen more golf CSLs than CSs.

Anyway, I hope he joins our forum if he is not already a member. Maybe we can have a get together in Baltimore in warmer weather. I would like to see your car bimmerboy - I also have triple side draft Webers (45s) on my e9 - I think I remember you mentioning you do as well. Not very green, but with the low miles I put on the coupe I can sleep at night knowing my carbon footprint is not too big.

bimmerboy73

Reaction score
we should absolutely have a get together. i think there are around 6 coupes in the baltimore/dc area (at least). I'd be up for it as soon as the weather warms up. I'd love to see your e24. I've been thinking about getting one to keep my e28 company outside the garage... just have to convince my better half :). If i see the golf i'll introduce myself and let him know about the forum (if he doesnt already know).

It is no longer posted on Evan's site but if I remember it was in great shape, had gold basketweave wheels (?BBS) and was a CS not a CSI. This describes the car I saw. Golf is an unusual color for a "regular" CS (not that any of our cars are regular); I have seen more golf CSLs than CSs.

Anyway, I hope he joins our forum if he is not already a member. Maybe we can have a get together in Baltimore in warmer weather. I would like to see your car bimmerboy - I also have triple side draft Webers (45s) on my e9 - I think I remember you mentioning you do as well. Not very green, but with the low miles I put on the coupe I can sleep at night knowing my carbon footprint is not too big.

gkb

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sounds great

Sometime in spring. And we can talk about a) how an e24 is a great daily driver (except in snow) and b) how to convince your better half that an e24 or e30 is a cost effective alternative to a newer BMW (just don't mention the S38 engine specifics) and yet does NOT replace the e9. I bought my e9 after I had all the others and I may have strained our relationship (of course I bought it in Georgia without telling her and drove it home, probably a mistake in retrospect - not buying the car, just how I went about it); you are way ahead by buying the e9 earlier.

budge96

Reaction score
CS get together?

Hey relatively new to the forum and a recent CS buyer, I live in DC and likely
in spring would look forward to a little "togetherness" of area CS owners
after the thaw!
Oh and the "golf" isn't mine... Bert

bimmerboy73

Reaction score
FYI for all coupe owners in the baltimore area, theres going to be a gathering of BMW enthusiasts at Petite Louis on Roland Ave in Baltimore on Jan 16th. The gathering is being pulled together by a couple of members of the e28 forum so not quite coupe vintage but a car gathering nonetheless. My e28 is still in the shop so if i go (assuming the weather cooperates and the roads are dry and clear) i'll be taking the CS. It would be great to meet any local, fellow e9rs. I'll post any updates between no and then for those interested...

richard

budge96

Reaction score
E28 -CS gathering

Richard I suppose that's in Roland Park? Are RSVP's required ? LOL

Stefan , NW ..PM sent touch base,thanks Bert

gkb

Site Donor
Reaction score
Rats - will have to miss it!

Only about a half mile from my place, but I will be on my way to Curacao for
a meeting (not too bad). Petit Louis is a great restaurant with excellent wine list (thanks to
Tony Foreman) - just ate there last week.

Next time - in spring.

Go Ravens! (Great win today over Patriots).