Coupe Sold

Sooner

Site Donor $
Reaction score
After 20 plus years of owning my coupe, "The Virgin" as Murray named her, has been sold to a new member here. I will let the member let you know. I will still be lurking around as I still have a Bavaria, and Isetta and several 02's. Being a member from the Roadfly days, I will definitely have withdrawal issues! The new owners will be great care takers of the coupe, and appreciate all the assistance from the members here, thank you for allowing me to be a small part.
Sooner

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Oh man! Saying goodbye to a great companion for good chunk of your life has to be tough. Sorry to hear Sooner that you're letting her go - I love that color combo.

Now that I have my euro six (and my M5), I too have thought about selling my coupe to pursue another automotive interest (718 Cayman GT4). I'm just not ready yet, she's part of the family.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sooner, sorry to hear that you sold the coupe + thanks for being a good steward of it ... it is heartening to know that you selected the new caretaker.

@vince, the GT4 is an amazing car, it is a very firm ride. you might also want to look at the cayman 718 GTS 4.0 ... a bit more civilized and only 1/10 of a second slower to 60 ... and 20 fewer hp ... which is still more than my 911s. both have a 4 liter boxer 6, whereas the cayman s is the 2.5L turbo 4. the gts is also about 20k less expensive. the other thing to remember is, porsche always is conservative in their numbers.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sooner, sorry to hear that you sold the coupe + thanks for being a good steward of it ... it is heartening to know that you selected the new caretaker.

@vince, the GT4 is an amazing car, it is a very firm ride. you might also want to look at the cayman 718 GTS 4.0 ... a bit more civilized and only 1/10 of a second slower to 60 ... and 20 fewer hp ... which is still more than my 911s. both have a 4 liter boxer 6, whereas the cayman s is the 2.5L turbo 4. the gts is also about 20k less expensive. the other thing to remember is, porsche always is conservative in their numbers.
I like the cayman but that exhaust note kills it for me. The gt4 is an amazing car. World class... and with a proper manual

Dales

Reaction score
We purchased Sooner's 1970 Nacht Blau 2800cs with white leather on Feb 1. It is beautiful car, and we love it. We pestered Sooner for an hour and a half until we finally found the vin on the engine block. It is cleverly hidden to make it as hard as possible see. We submitted an application for certification as a BMW Classic Car today and are getting documents together for registration and licensing in Colorado. Alex McCulloch went down to Sooner's home to transport the car to Genesee for us, It turned out that Alex and Sooner know each other and they spent some time together. It also turned out that Alex was familiar with Sooner's car, and had nothing but praise for it. So we are looking forward to some pleasant times with the car.

Last edited: