Coupe has been painted

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
E7FFBD70-A0A2-4056-9CF3-C8CB8118D3C8.jpeg
F632F61B-AA3F-44A0-A61F-D3A62BFF3099.jpeg
CAF0B220-FE79-4D35-A77C-4CE6AB3F5BA9.jpeg
30A3D9BC-1514-451E-A66C-51CF4D8C06F7.jpeg

Painted last week, looking awesome. Will wait two weeks and then color sand the clear coat, color match is perfect.

Last edited:

milwaukeesk

Member.
Site Donor
Reaction score
Chris, It looks great. I thought I saw in a different thread a reference to going with single stage but I may be crossing threads/topics at this point. Based on the comment regarding sanding out the clear I trust you went with a 2 stage. Was that the plan all along?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yep, another painter thought single stage but this painter knows his stuff and my prior paint was two stage also.

LOTA/Legends of the Autobahn is the BMW CCA event in Monterey during car week in August and they added an East Coast version in Nov at Hilton Head Concours.

lytebrite

Deceased
Reaction score
Hi Chris- I'm a noob with 18mos of ownership on my 73 3.0CSa Fjord. Can you share the paint shop name and locale. Or if other members can recommend a West Coast (SoCal or Nevada if single stage) paint shop? Much appreciated.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Looks great Chris. But then it always looked great. Hoping to make it back to LOTA this year or next.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I will be there in Nov by flying there. We are staying in a very nice home with Wayne, Chris, Stan, Chris, Steve, Peter et al. I will be working at LOTA helping Cain.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
I ordered from BMW per Don’s recommendation, front windshield from Walloth.
I bought a front and rear window seal from W&N. Neither fit for the restoration shop,but they had never installed a CS windshield or rear window seal before. I know they broke the rear one and replaced it with a BMW OEM gasket. They used my original front seal which was probably a BMW OEM seal from 2005. They never told me why the W&N front seal didn't work. And then they lost it...