Coupe glass prices?

chicane

Reaction score
What is the going individual prices for decent used coupe glass?

x_atlas0

Reaction score
You mean for each window, individually?

The big-ticket items I know of are the (front and back) windscreens. The rest of the glass is usually very cheap, because most parts cars have them still intact. Heck, dave in nc on this board was nice enough to send me rear glass for free off his parts car.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
You mean for each window, individually?

The big-ticket items I know of are the (front and back) windscreens. The rest of the glass is usually very cheap, because most parts cars have them still intact. Heck, dave in nc on this board was nice enough to send me rear glass for free off his parts car.

Whoa, good deal. I spent $400 on a rear glass and the sheet metal cut around the bottom (rust repair cut). What I found was that the front glass is much cheaper than the rear if you want new. Like $1200 or so for the rear! I'm sure that's because of supply and demand. Since the rear glass doesn't get much abuse, good used glass is easy to find, although a lot of places/people don't like to ship it. After I spent the money on the rear glass I ended up with a parts car with perfect glass about four months later. Oiy.

steve in reno

Reaction score
Another important reason for the high cost is that the rear window is tempered, where the front is laminated.
Tempered does not ship well.
All sides are very reasonable.
steve

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Bill Wallace and I just sold front and rear glass in quite good condition for $350 for both from our 75 CSi Barn Find.
Look for a post about parts we will have available soon.

Steve ONeill

chicane

Reaction score
Whoa, good deal. I spent $400 on a rear glass and the sheet metal cut around the bottom (rust repair cut). What I found was that the front glass is much cheaper than the rear if you want new. Like $1200 or so for the rear! I'm sure that's because of supply and demand. Since the rear glass doesn't get much abuse, good used glass is easy to find, although a lot of places/people don't like to ship it. After I spent the money on the rear glass I ended up with a parts car with perfect glass about four months later. Oiy.

Why would the rear glass be more expensive than the windshield? I would think the front glass would be far more expensive given the abuse and ease of cracking and pitting. How much is a fair price for front side glass?

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
coupe glass

Hi;
I would think that many more fronts were manufactureded than rears making them more available.
I may have a side glass.
Harry
Koopman