Corvette C2

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You ran out of gas ?!
The Marx Brothers three famous aviators speech comes to mind.
Once SFDon was dyno testing one of his builds near my office, so I joined him. You could see the fuel gauge go down as he drove.
We barely made it to the gas station, we put more gas but we forgot the car...

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
haha, yes, even wifey asked me at a certain moment if i still had gas.... do not worry i replyed , i filled up this morning..... :D
So far average is 28L/100 km.... :oops:

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
finaly succeeded to tune the tri-power Holley carbs. Have now one smooth acceleration. Only still on the rich side , so now trying smaller jets.
I do understand "at the time" many swapped that tripower for a 4 barrel. Now we have a AFR gauge, dyno etc... which make it more easy to found out what's happening in there..... PITA is one have to demount the carbs for jetting , i'm used to Webers were all can be done from above .....

Last dyno was perfect curve , 465 HP and 805 NM ( 594 ft lb) ... so more then enough to get me in trouble o_O :)

Fun pic what it "could" be with Weber IDF44's.... but they are to high , there is no room for adapter manifolds. One should butcher ( cut&weld) a tripower intake .... but those go $ 2k to 4k .... so not direct a option to have a fun experiment.

SAM_4553.JPG